Front 4

#1ManningFan

Vol for Life
Is Aubrey Solomon going to be next to Matthew Butler for our starting front 4 on defense? I haven't heard much from him this camp. Did I miss something?

Heard that Solomon is in the best physical shape since he has been here. Garner influence?
I'm going to make that conjecture... and suggest that it is the primary reason a few other guys left rather than play for him. He doesn't seem to be a guy with high tolerance for people who don't strive for his high standards.

Honestly, I don't think it matters all that much who goes out first on the DL. If they play high tempo O like they're saying they will then rotating DL's 2 and 3 deep will be necessary
Even with the loss of Emerson, Middleton, and DeAndre Johnson, (I know there is a couple more), we seem to have enough servicable DLinemen to do a 3 deep rotation without a lot of drop-off imo. Some players need to take full advantage of these first 3 games and get some experience like D.Bailey, O.Thomas and hybird type edge rushers listed as LBers, Joseph and a few others. Biggest thing is to get the chemistry down between the LBers and front 4. Bound to be some growing pains for sure especially when we play the better teams but I'm pleasantly surprised that we're as deep as we are at this stage considering what these players have been through.

Blakely, Solomon, Butler, Simmons, Bumphus, Baron, and Harrison already have experience and everyone seems to be high on Byron Young. Heck I might even be more surprised when our defensive front bonds after the 1st 4-5 games. I think they are being well coached and team morale is high for a change.

Last edited:
I'm going to make that conjecture... and suggest that it is the primary reason a few other guys left rather than play for him. He doesn't seem to be a guy with high tolerance for people who don't strive for his high standards.
Garner likes guys that put in the work. He knows the path, he encourages but he don't sugar coat nothing. He is old school like that. He wants you to be the best and for the game to seem easy because of how you practiced. GBO!!!!!

Even with the loss of Emerson, Middleton, and DeAndre Johnson, (I know there is a couple more), we seem to have enough servicable DLinemen to do a 3 deep rotation without a lot of drop-off imo. Some players need to take full advantage of these first 3 games and get some experience like D.Bailey, O.Thomas and hybird type edge rushers listed as LBers, Joseph and a few others. Biggest thing is to get the chemistry down between the LBers and front 4. Bound to be some growing pains for sure especially when we play the better teams but I'm pleasantly surprised that we're as deep as we are at this stage considering what these players have been through.

Blakely, Solomon, Butler, Simmons, Bumphus, Baron, and Harrison already have experience and everyone seems to be high on Byron Young. Heck I might even be more surprised when our defensive front bonds after the 1st 4-5 games. I think they are being well coached and team morale is high for a change.

Why did Emerson leave? I felt like he and Middleton were gonna be the best interior linemen we had.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Basilio seems to think the guy isn't even gonna play.

Sounds like Solomon doesn't like to practice. Garner won't like that.

Heard that Solomon is in the best physical shape since he has been here. Garner influence?
Certainly possible but I would also attribute to the S&C coach. Darnell Wright is getting the same reports of being in the best physical condition he has been on since stepping on campus

Reactions: volfan8
Is Aubrey Solomon going to be next to Matthew Butler for our starting front 4 on defense? I haven't heard much from him this camp. Did I miss something?
Solomon came in last year horribly overweight after a decent first year. I mean, he ballooned up. I haven’t seen him mentioned much if at all.

do you mean to tell me you're not visiting this site multiple times per day?

surely you jest.

errbody knows bout 'dem boys leaving town already.

I didn't say I didn't know, I said why did Emerson leave. I don't know why. Your response was worthless.

I didn't say I didn't know, I SAID why did Emerson leave. I don't know why. Your response was worthless.

"SAID" doesn't imply a question.

perhaps "ASKED" was what you intended?

either way you should consider asking and, in all sincerity, my response was pretty entertaining

toughen up Buttercup :p

You are a piece of work. I did ask and if you don't know why then stop responding. If you do know why, how about your share that knowledge with me about why Emerson left?

VN Store

Back