Fromm goes in the 5th round

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
Just another one of Smart's dumb moves. He benched who will probably be the kid that goes #1 at QB in next year's draft out of OSU for Fromm. Lack of arm strength and other physical tools seems to be his largest drawbacks. Recall many of the dawgs talking about where in the first round he would go? LOL Jalen Hurts was drafted in front of Fromm ... ouch!

Reaction: Jake Fromm lands in fifth round to Buffalo Bills

Sorry, in the wrong forum, please move to around NCAA mods.

Just another one of Smart's dumb moves. He benched who will probably be the kid that goes #1 at QB in next year's draft out of OSU for Fromm. Lack of arm strength and other physical tools seems to be his largest drawbacks. Recall many of the dawgs talking about where in the first round he would go? LOL Jalen Hurts was drafted in front of Fromm ... ouch!

Smart benched Trevor Lawrence?

All jokes aside Fromm did look like the real deal when he first came in. Don't know what happened but he seemed to regress every season.

College footballs are 1 & 1/4 inch smaller than Pro footballs. at the widest point of the ball. Fromm has small hands and his throwing at combine looked high schoolish.
Their's always deflating that helps the grip.
Moral to story, when players go pro, their Balls get bigger.

All jokes aside Fromm did look like the real deal when he first came in. Don't know what happened but he seemed to regress every season.
They lost Chubb, Michel, Ridley and Jim Chaney and Kirby replaced Chaney with James Coley. I think that was a big part of it

Got a feeling Trevor Lawrence may go before Fields. I could be wrong.

Reactions: BUBear
And his season went to crap after he mocked us in his postgame press conference. I know he seems like a good guy, but there’s something about him that makes me think his whole schtick is BS.

I hope I’m wrong.

And his season went to crap after he mocked us in his postgame press conference. I know he seems like a good guy, but there’s something about him that makes me think his whole schtick is BS.

I hope I’m wrong.
If you haven’t already, watch his season of QB1 on Netflix...for confirmation of your take.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I personally think Fromm really suffered from Chaney leaving. He balled out in that SEC Championship game against Bama the year before but looked terrible at times this year. I'm not sure Fromm will make a good NFL quarterback because of the hand issue others have mentioned but he's nowhere near as bad as James Coley made him look. That guy was terrible, I hate they got rid of him, they just had 6 players drafted off their offense that couldn't move the ball with Coley at the helm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chattdawg
I personally think Fromm really suffered from Chaney leaving. He balled out in that SEC Championship game against Bama the year before but looked terrible at times this year. I'm not sure Fromm will make a good NFL quarterback because of the hand issue others have mentioned but he's nowhere near as bad as James Coley made him look. That guy was terrible, I hate they got rid of him, they just had 6 players drafted off their offense that couldn't move the ball with Coley at the helm.
He was always going to slide because of the lack of arm talent, but the offense at Georgia definitely didn't help him

When Fromm sang Rocky Top, I put a Rohen Davy's grandmother voodoo cruse on him.

Per vols example, he ain't gonna do squat for 20 years.

Reactions: butchna

From his freshman year, I viewed him as a great game manager, but he didn't have to make a ton of plays with that running game and defense. Over time it became clear his ceiling was low. He doesn't have great arm strength and therefore has to play safe all the time.

His Mom can get it, tho.

VN Store

Back