From the Vandy Board

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Can you imagine being the fan of a team whose best UT memory was 39 years ago? :spank: Granted, I guess there was the 82 game and that was only 21 years ago. It is the last home game and all but it's really hard to get fired up for this game. I do have to give Vandy fans credit though, I was impressed that they remembered how to tear down goal posts. I guess they had seen it on tv.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vumonster
Captain
(11/18/03 6:05:12 pm)
Reply my favorite Vandy-UT game My favorite Vandy-UT game was the 1964 game. Vandy shut out the Vols 7-0 and send first year Vols coach Doug Dickey to a losing record.

Vandy was 2-6-1 and UT was 4-4-1 coming into the game at Dudley Field. Coach Jack Green's Commodores led the SEC in total defense, but the offense was more anemic than the Dowhower years. We ran the ball for about 125 yards a game and passed it for about 100.

I cannot remember how we scored that TD that day, but I am almost sure it was set up by the defense, in other words a short drive.

Tennessee must have been held to under 150 total yards. It seemed like they punted 12-15 times. It left all fans believing that 1965 would be a winning season with a great defense returning and a much better offense with some good talent coming on board.

That win came just prior to our greatest basketball season ever. The late fall of 1964 and early winter of 1964-65 were great times to be a Commodore.

Pathetic posts like that one from the Vandy board remind me of why I am a TENNESSEE VOLUNTEER fan!! It must really SUCK to be Vandy!!

Can you imagine how bad a program has to be to tear down the goal posts after a win over KENTUCKY. From reading some of the Vandy posts this week I think some of them actually think they are gonna win this week. You really have to take your hat off to those true Vandy fans who actually still support their team.

My late sister-in-law and ex brother-in-law used to support Vandy. I never understood why. Neither of them went there.

I have to pick up Bobby Johnson at the airport Monday to bring him down to our Touchdown Club. If Vandy somehow wins that game I will be in "Vol Hell".

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 20 2003, 03:50 PM
I have to pick up Bobby Johnson at the airport Monday to bring him down to our Touchdown Club. If Vandy somehow wins that game I will be in "Vol Hell".

Don't even kid about something like that. :D

Originally posted by TitanVol@Nov 20 2003, 08:23 PM
You better be careful. That means you could have the "Vandy Gene"!

:yikes:

:shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

VN Store

Back