From the Indiana board

yes, I was talking about the variation between 1 game and 30 plus others were posting.
Ikr. U are spot on. I know we have been playing football 100 yrs but to suggest that we played a team who has never been in the same conference as us 30 plus times is ludicrous. Thats nearly the same amount of times we played USCjr or GT

Visited some Hoosier boards. They've been pretty respectful in speaking of our Vols. I found this though and thinking, why? 🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-09-09-01-49.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-09-09-01-49.png
    172.7 KB · Views: 142
The teams have played 36 times and Indiana holds an 18-17-1 advantage, but they haven't played since 2005.
Where are you getting your information? Tennessee has played Indiana one time in the Peach Bowl. Tennessee won that game 27-22. That game was in the 80s too because I was a kid and I remember it very well.

Marlyand 3-9 W
Ball State 5-7 W
Eastern Illinois 1-11 W
Ohio St 13-0 L
UCONN 2-10 W
Michigan State 6-6 L
Rutgers 2-10 W
Nebraska 5-7 W
Northwestern 3-9 W
Penn St. 10-2 L
Michigan 9-3 L
Purdue 4-8 W

Combined Record: 63-82
Games Won Opponents Combined Record: 25-71

Did some research, pretty telling how they got to 8-4

Visited some Hoosier boards. They've been pretty respectful in speaking of our Vols. I found this though and thinking, why? 🤔

That really doesn’t make sense. Pruitt doesn’t speak well, and is kind of a bumpkin-type guy, but dirty? Haven’t really heard that.

Cornbread. Slingblade. Beldar. All really fun nicknames for him, but to imply that he is unethical is really, REALLY out of left field.

Gaaaah. I forgot that game even happened. Man, we were worthless against Clemson and Maryland those years. But, I think the poster is referring to the 82 or 83 Peach Bowl v Indiana that we won in pretty close fashion I remember we had a great receiver that made a big play late in that one.
No, we did play in the Peach Bowl in 82, but it was against Iowa. Unfortunately, the Hawkeyes beat the good guys in that one. Not the best result for the game, but myself and the rest of the P.O.T.S. band spent as much of the Athletic department's money as we could in Hotlanta. It sure was nice getting free transportation, nice hotel room and spending cash to go to places like that.

That really doesn’t make sense. Pruitt doesn’t speak well, and is kind of a bumpkin-type guy, but dirty? Haven’t really heard that.

Cornbread. Slingblade. Beldar. All really fun nicknames for him, but to imply that he is unethical is really, REALLY out of left field.
Yeah. He's a good person. Everyone including opposing coaches and fans speak highly of him. He's got a clean record so idk what that guy was smokin lol.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Where are you getting your information? Tennessee has played Indiana one time in the Peach Bowl. Tennessee won that game 27-22. That game was in the 80s too because I was a kid and I remember it very well.

Amazing you remember all of that as a kid.

Marlyand 3-9 W
Ball State 5-7 W
Eastern Illinois 1-11 W
Ohio St 13-0 L
UCONN 2-10 W
Michigan State 6-6 L
Rutgers 2-10 W
Nebraska 5-7 W
Northwestern 3-9 W
Penn St. 10-2 L
Michigan 9-3 L
Purdue 4-8 W

Combined Record: 63-82
Games Won Opponents Combined Record: 25-71

Did some research, pretty telling how they got to 8-4
Did you do ours too?

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The teams have played 36 times and Indiana holds an 18-17-1 advantage, but they haven't played since 2005.

The Gator Bowl stands to rekindle the old fierce rivalry that began in 1798 and was played every year through 1831, commonly known as "The Battle of the Southeast and Midwest States". The series was halted at that point when tempers flared between the 2 campuses, sparked mainly by President Andrew Jackson's twitter tirade following Tennessee's historic 1831 win over the Hoosiers. After numerous expletives and racist slurs launched against Indiana, presumably just because the state name included the word "Indian", Jackson then typed out "Hoosier Daddy now?!" 7 times, 1 for each touchdown the Volunteers scored. The Indiana athletic director officially pulled the plug on the series at that point. It wasn't until the 1988 Peach Bowl that the 2 programs played each other again. Extra security had to be on hand for the contest, as tensions rose quickly over the 1831 shenanigans. Tennessee won the contest. In 2005, though no media outlet is aware of its existence, the 2 programs secretly played to a scoreless tie, continuing the Volunteers' theme that season of great defense, horrible offense.

My High School scrimmaged them once but our QB was out. We only beat them by 6
I don't believe you.

You better hope we beat them. JJ is out the first half, Kennedy is out and not sure which JG is gonna show up.

I feel good about winning it, but I absolutely don't consider it a guarantee win. Pffft.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back