at Kentucky 7-5 W
at Missouri 6-6 W
vs Vanderbilt 3-9 W

Combined Record: 86-59
Games Won Combined Record: 41-43

Cool, thanks.

What does this info on both tell you?

I don't believe you.

You better hope we beat them. JJ is out the first half, Kennedy is out and not sure which JG is gonna show up.

I feel good about winning it, but I absolutely don't consider it a guarantee win. Pffft.

I thought everyone but you would call me a liar! My feelings are hurt.

Reactions: Behr

thanks for posting this. I had a little time on my hands so I watched the entire game. Brought back great memories as I was at the game.

This was about the time Johnny was getting the ball rolling even though the next season he went 5-6.

Mizlou TV. Ah, the memories of watching Mizlou games back in the day.

Some good shots of Johnny with coach Doug Matthews and very slim & trim Phil Fulmer

I forgot how bad it was trying to watch a game at a multi function stadium. We were on the lower bowl and could barely see the game. The game was a sell out of 59,000. I'm glad turf management has improved. The field looked awful by the end of the game.

UI had Anthony Thompson on the team who was really good. He eventually went on to be runner up for the Heisman. They also had Pete Stoyonivich who had a great NFL career as a kicker

Big shirts, big should pads, small weights. Either Woods or Cleveland was listed as 149 lbs.

A lot of tackles in this game that would have been considered targeting these days.

Good to see Keith Davis play a good game. He never got the chance to be the player he could have been. A bit him, a bit of the fact a guy named Reggie Cobb was a RS freshman

I had forgot how much we really used a FB. Charles Wilson and William Howard were bulls

thanks again Mia

I don't believe you.

You better hope we beat them. JJ is out the first half, Kennedy is out and not sure which JG is gonna show up.

I feel good about winning it, but I absolutely don't consider it a guarantee win. Pffft.

So Kennedy is for sure out?

Reactions: Behr
No, we did play in the Peach Bowl in 82, but it was against Iowa. Unfortunately, the Hawkeyes beat the good guys in that one. Not the best result for the game, but myself and the rest of the P.O.T.S. band spent as much of the Athletic department's money as we could in Hotlanta. It sure was nice getting free transportation, nice hotel room and spending cash to go to places like that.

Alright, I'm getting too old for this. When was it when we played Indiana? I remember somebody throwing the bomb and we beat them but a score or so.

That really doesn’t make sense. Pruitt doesn’t speak well, and is kind of a bumpkin-type guy, but dirty? Haven’t really heard that.

Cornbread. Slingblade. Beldar. All really fun nicknames for him, but to imply that he is unethical is really, REALLY out of left field.

Well, we had a Vol fan who thought IU was in Evansville (it's in Bloomington) and another who swore their campus is ugly (it's actually very nice).

So what I'm saying is, fans on both sides are getting stuff wrong, sometimes even making stuff up just to build the pre-game hate, heh.

I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

Go Vols!

Reactions: UTNoFear
The teams have played 36 times and Indiana holds an 18-17-1 advantage, but they haven't played since 2005.
Tennessee has played Indiana 36 times historically? I find that very difficult to believe. You sure?

thanks for posting this. I had a little time on my hands so I watched the entire game. Brought back great memories as I was at the game.

This was about the time Johnny was getting the ball rolling even though the next season he went 5-6.

Mizlou TV. Ah, the memories of watching Mizlou games back in the day.

Some good shots of Johnny with coach Doug Matthews and very slim & trim Phil Fulmer

I forgot how bad it was trying to watch a game at a multi function stadium. We were on the lower bowl and could barely see the game. The game was a sell out of 59,000. I'm glad turf management has improved. The field looked awful by the end of the game.

UI had Anthony Thompson on the team who was really good. He eventually went on to be runner up for the Heisman. They also had Pete Stoyonivich who had a great NFL career as a kicker

Big shirts, big should pads, small weights. Either Woods or Cleveland was listed as 149 lbs.

A lot of tackles in this game that would have been considered targeting these days.

Good to see Keith Davis play a good game. He never got the chance to be the player he could have been. A bit him, a bit of the fact a guy named Reggie Cobb was a RS freshman

I had forgot how much we really used a FB. Charles Wilson and William Howard were bulls

thanks again Mia
My pleasure sir.

Well the Indiana fans will probably be outnumbered 4-1 or better. When they see the Vol-Walk, they will be in total awe. So much so that we may even convert some more Hoosiers to Vol fans!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back