From the Indiana board

The teams have played 36 times and Indiana holds an 18-17-1 advantage, but they haven't played since 2005.

The teams have played 36 times and Indiana holds an 18-17-1 advantage, but they haven't played since 2005.

Why are you repeatedly posting the records for the UK-IU football series?

Their biggest annual sporting event (other than basketball) is a huge bicycle race they call the Little 500 (you know, like the Bloomington version of the Indianapolis 500, heh). It's a thing. A big thing, for them.

I once went to hear the former Prime Minister of Great Britain speak at one of their lecture halls...seven people attended. And that included the professor who sponsored the PM. Why was he so ignored? Bobby Knight was giving his start-of-the-bball-season speech that same evening. Oops.

Nice school, pretty campus, but they're Kentucky redux. Not a football school by any stretch of the imagination.

Go Vols!

Breaking away was a great movie.

Game was at old Fulton County Stadium, I froze my ass off. TN got up big early, and IU came back and took the lead in the 4th (Majors got conservative). Francis took us downfield for the winning score, Cobb took in. He was a RS Frosh that year. Terrence Cleveland had a TD I remember.

I think Charles Kimbrough intercepted them late to seal it.

I like Indianapolis. Spent quite a bit of time there a few years ago.
Rest of the state......not so much.
The I65 drive from Gary to Louisville sux.

I was there in the old Fulton County stadium on a rainy gloomy day when we beat Indiana in the Peach Bowl. We were outside the stadium after the game having a good time and some Indiana fans said....Don't know why you all are so happy, all you did today was beat a basketball school. LOL

Game was at old Fulton County Stadium, I froze my ass off. TN got up big early, and IU came back and took the lead in the 4th (Majors got conservative). Francis took us downfield for the winning score, Cobb took in. He was a RS Frosh that year. Terrence Cleveland had a TD I remember.

I think Charles Kimbrough intercepted them late to seal it.
Tennessee had Reggie Cobb and Indiana had a great RB named Anthony Thompson. Thompson was great in college but didn't seem to do much in the NFL. Indiana also had a kicker named Pete Stoyanovich who ended up in the NFL. I think he played for the Dolphins if I remember correctly.

VN Store

Back