From Now On

The following SEC programs were clearly better than the Vols this year: Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn.

Tennessee would be fifth. Not trying to feed the negative fire, but to say we were competing for first is a little bit crazy. We lost three conference games.

I will agree with this one. I do not know how you say the other three were. Auburn was barely better than Vandy in my opinion. Fl beat us by one, that is not clearly. And LSU beat us by four with our backup qb. If they were clearly better than us, then why were we in the game up till the end. FL had the ball bounce their way in serveral games this year, it happens that way sometimes, just like in 05 when it went the oposite for us. In 98 it bounced our way in serveral games, were we clearly better than those teams that played us down to the wire?

you want to compare the SEC then with the SEC now? Come on, who should be able to do better than that?

Sorry for the Mensa comment, but there was just no way not to reply to that. :p

My point is . . . don't act like it's some new phenomenon. The most successful run in Tennessee history came with teams that were recruited in the wake of Alabama ('92) and Florida ('96) national championships. Heck, you can even throw in an undefeated year for Auburn in there. There have always been good teams in the SEC.

The SEC is definitely tougher now than it was then . . . but not THAT much tougher.

Florida has always had a ton of recruits from Florida.I'd rather play for a team that has a promising NFL prospect to guide the team as is Ainge along with some solid runners.

Not surprisingly Rex ignored most of the questions posed to him.

He's like a democrat when Republicans are in charge and vise versa, he has all the criticism in the world, but no plan on how he would do it different.

well, I would start by hiring a coach that is capable of developing talent, but the reality is that I dont have to have a plan, that's not my job, what's required of me is to support the team, donate, and be a proud fan. Square thinks that means we're never supposed to criticize, simply be a blind follower and toe the party line. Lenin would have loved some of you guys.

I don't think you get it, rex. We understand that it's perfectly healthy to criticize the UT staff & players.. But constant bashing.. That's why you get negative comments upon your negative comments... there is rarely any positive.. yet you still call yourself a proud fan. :unsure:

I don't think you get it, rex. We understand that it's perfectly healthy to criticize the UT staff & players.. But constant bashing.. That's why you get negative comments upon your negative comments... there is rarely any positive.. yet you still call yourself a proud fan. :unsure:

rarely any positive? I just said that Fulmer deserves credit for an outstanding recruiting season. So, Im supposed to just ignore reality, Im supposed to keep my mouth shut in regards to our inability to develop all this talent? Phil Fulmer does less with more than any coach in the SEC and it's negative for me to comment on that? I've got news for you, I am a proud fan, you will never find someone that LOVES the Vols more than I do. I have attended games since I was an infant and it's my alma mater. Some of the best memories I posses took place in Neyland or on the Tennessee campus. Say what you will about me, but dont ever question whether I am a proud fan.

VN Store

Back