From Now On

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
we have to recruit against UF/National Champion....from Espn:

For years, much to the delight of college football fans, these three programs have battled for supremacy in not only the Sunshine State, but all of college football. But now that Florida is the reigning champion in both football and men's basketball, it's not even an argument as to which program is the best.

"I know where I would want to go," Meyer said. "Am I allowed to say that for recruiting? Good. Say that again. Print that. I know where I would want to go."

Yeah, I think we've had to recruit against UF for quite a while now but good try at stirring the pot.

I guess the truth hurts. While I love recruiting, I would much rather have a National Championship. ESPN understands that everything just got alot harder for us.

This will be a huge change from the days that Florida respected us immediately ended contact with any prospect we decided to offer.

(tongue firmly in cheek)

I guess that is part of reason that some people think UT will be better off by joining the Big East...

But we will be cool anyway

yeah well ok whatever you say there Einstein

well, I am a card carrying member of Mensa

the only point I was trying to make is that as UF and LSU win Natl Championships, we compete for 4th place in the SEC. Their present success just ensures a tougher and tougher road for the Vols. Is Fulmer up to the task? I think not. And 67, I had always thought you made very astute observations, but I was suprised at your petty sarcasm.

the only point I was trying to make is that as UF and LSU win Natl Championships, we compete for 4th place in the SEC. Their present success just ensures a tougher and tougher road for the Vols.

I guess that explains how the last time Florida won it all, we followed it up with 2 SEC titles and a national championship.

A person of such high intelligence ought to be able to do better than that.

I guess that explains how the last time Florida won it all, we followed it up with 2 SEC titles and a national championship.

good point GA. anyone that didn't know on monday night we were recruiting against a national championship team should have their head examined.

well, I am a card carrying member of Mensa

the only point I was trying to make is that as UF and LSU win Natl Championships, we compete for 4th place in the SEC. Their present success just ensures a tougher and tougher road for the Vols. Is Fulmer up to the task? I think not.
Well. Tougher? Sure. It is always getting tougher. Saban will probably find the SEC tougher than he left it. No one stood still.

But the Vols didn't compete for 4th place. Mensa?

The Vols lost by one to UF and 4 to LSU without Ainge. Before the Ainge injury, they were 8-1. That's called competing for 1st place.

In honesty, where do think the Vols would have been without the Ainge injury? Do you think they'd have lost to LSU? Do you think they'd have been blown our or even lost to Arkansas? What about the Harrell/Johnson injuries? If none of those had occurred, where do you think the Vols would have been... following a 5-6 season?

Be honest. Instead of saying you "think not", say you "feel that he isn't" or else say specifically what Phillip Fulmer should be doing differently.

Did he personally fail to make good leadership decisions resulting in the "decline" since 98? (Decline as in being consistently competitive and appearing in two championship games.) Yes he did. He let distorted loyalty to players and coaches hurt the program.

Has he corrected the coaching problems? To a large extent, he has. The defense with the injury to Harrell lost all 7 of their front 7. That means they had 3 holdover starters and still allowed only 19.5 ppg. In 2005, it was 18.6. On offense, the Vols went from 18.6 ppg to 27.8 ppg (29.5 with Ainge in the game).

He addressed coaching.

He addressed discipline.

He is recruiting well.

The program is doing comparatively well academically.

He is running a clean program.

The Vols were out of only one game all year long.

Who according to your apparently very intelligent opinion should get the credit for the monumental turnaround? Should Fulmer get none?

What specifically is he not doing?... or do you not like him simply because he isn't new and glamorous like Meyer?

Fulmer learned some difficult lessons the hard way and like Bowden had to discipline someone very close to him. The "family" attitude that might have caused too much personal loyalty is also what makes kids willing to move 1500 miles from home to play for UT.

I'll admit that part of the reason I like him is that he looks, acts, and talks like a football coach rather than a politician.

Is there anything you are willing to give Fulmer credit for?

I want to point out one other thing about Fulmer that so many of his critics forget. Fulmer is a UT alum and a UT fan. Bama might have a head coach that has a NC on his resume, but UT has a coach with a NC on his resume who is also a life-long vol fan.

Imagine being his age and having the decades he has devoted to the success of the Vols. I assure you that if the program takes a dive to the point that we are no longer competitive at the highest level, Fulmer will make his own exit before before Hamilton has to say a word.

Also, every new offensive system takes time to implement. After the day and night turn-around we witnessed this year, let's give Coach Cut one more year and see what we get.

Fulmer has taken the right steps (showing Sanders the door mainly), and UT will be back in the business of winning SEC Championships soon.

you want to compare the SEC then with the SEC now? Come on, who should be able to do better than that?

But the Vols didn't compete for 4th place. Mensa?

The following SEC programs were clearly better than the Vols this year: Florida, LSU, Arkansas, Auburn.

Tennessee would be fifth. Not trying to feed the negative fire, but to say we were competing for first is a little bit crazy. We lost three conference games.

thank you kpt, sometimes on this board if you dont drink the kool-aid everybody jumps you, well, the sad truth is that the Vols are slipping while other teams improve. I will say that Phil deserves kudos for the recruiting job he done this year, but he's always been a great recruiter (last year being the exception) it's the performance on the field that has me concerned. All that time to prepare and we get waxed by Penn State?

thank you kpt, sometimes on this board if you dont drink the kool-aid everybody jumps you, well, the sad truth is that the Vols are slipping while other teams improve.

It's not about drinking kool-aid, it's about reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It's not about drinking kool-aid, it's about reading the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.
Well said.

Not surprisingly Rex ignored most of the questions posed to him.

He's like a democrat when Republicans are in charge and vise versa, he has all the criticism in the world, but no plan on how he would do it different.

VN Store

Back