From KNS

LadyinOrange

Trophy Mod
Staff member
Fulmer to announce decision today on Banks' future as Vol
By MIKE GRIFFITH, knsgriff@aol.com
July 20, 2004

Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer met with junior wide receiver James Banks on Monday night to decide Banks' football future with the Vols.

Banks, charged Friday with underage consumption of alcohol and violating the city's noise ordinance, attended UT's voluntary team workout Monday but didn't take part.

Advertisement

"I'm not going to make a decision until after I know all the facts and talk with James,'' Fulmer said. "We'll issue a release on it Tuesday.''

Banks' father, James Sr., said he trusts Fulmer's judgment.

"Whatever coach Fulmer decides, I don't have a problem with it at all,'' he said. "Coach Fulmer has been extremely fair with James.''

Banks, 20, had run into trouble prior to Friday's citation. He was suspended from spring practice after a violation of team rules. It was his second suspension of the season. Banks was also suspended for the first half of the Peach Bowl for a violation of team rules.

Banks led the Vols' receivers with 42 catches for 621 yards and six touchdowns last season.

He has played defensive back during voluntary workouts this summer with hopes of playing both offense and defense this season.

Banks' offseason conditioning has been affected by a pulled abdominal muscle, which sidetracked him the second half of last season.

Fulmer, along with UT athletic director Mike Hamilton, returned from Denver on Monday night after meeting with Colorado Rockies all-star first baseman and former Vols' quarterback Todd Helton.

M-O-N-E-Y

See, here at VolNation, we are faster than the News-Senseless. (see THIS JUST IN...)

Originally posted by Volstorm@Jul 19, 2004 11:55 PM
M-O-N-E-Y

See, here at VolNation, we are faster than the News-Senseless. (see THIS JUST IN...)

Dude, you REALLY make me laugh.

VN Store

Back