Friday weigh in thread

July 9 - 219
July 16 - 218
July 23 - 215
July 30 - 210
August 6 - 212 (no this week - vacation)
August 13 - 210
August 20 - 207
August 27 - 206
Sept 3 - 203
Sept 10 - 201
Sept 17 - 200
Sept 24 - 198 (first time I've been under 200 since 2009)
Oct 1 - 195
Oct 8. - 192
Oct 15. - 191
Oct. 22 - 189
Oct. 29 - 187
Nov. 5 - 185
Nov. 12 - 182
Nov. 19 - 181
Nov. 26 - 180 (couldn't believe I still lost weight after Thanksgiving...very pleased).
Dec. 3 - 177
Dec. 10 - 176
Dec. 17 - 175
Dec. 24 - 175
Dec. 31 - 175

I’m glad I haven’t gained weight over the holidays. I went on vacation and didn’t exercise that much, or watch what I ate.

I have started a new exercise program. I was doing strictly cardio, but now I’m lifting weights 3x a week and doing cardio 2x a week. Hopefully this will help me continue to slim down.

@SDV
How fat are you?
Vacation got me again. Every year it hits me for 7-10 pounds. Every year I lie to myself and say not this year…..then….View attachment 426820
Man I haven’t weighed myself since July, but I’m guessing I weigh 210. I’m gonna wait for a while after the holidays to start weighing again lol

Has everyone quit posting ?
Honestly I'm in a rut. I hit a hard hard wall about 3 months ago. I practically feel like had to kill myself to drop 1 more pound. Then immediately gained 3 back. Then the holidays hit and I've gained back about 15. I'm just pissed, and absolutely feeling crushed about it. I'm no where near where I'd hoped to be at this point. I know I shouldn't and can't, but everything in me is screaming to throw my hands up and say f'it.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Honestly I'm in a rut. I hit a hard hard wall about 3 months ago. I practically feel like had to kill myself to drop 1 more pound. Then immediately gained 3 back. Then the holidays hit and I've gained back about 15. I'm just pissed, and absolutely feeling crushed about it. I'm no where near where I'd hoped to be at this point. I know I shouldn't and can't, but everything in me is screaming to throw my hands up and say f'it.
Starting in Feb 2020 I lost 58 in 7 months and gained every single pound back in 5 months. Started again in Feb. 2021 and stayed with it and lost 90 in 10.5 months. You should start again today, I’m pulling for you.

Some people may frown at this advice, but something that's really helped me have extra energy to burn calories and not consume as much food have been consuming a zero sugar high caffeine and vitamin filled energy drink to start the day. Something like Bang or Reign. If you go that rout, seriously only drink one a day or you may start hearing voices in your head lmfao

Sorry I do my weigh ins on Thursdays lol.

Down 101 since June 22nd 2021. Only 5 away from my goal of 154. Then I want to try and tone up and put some muscle weight on and get to about 180.
101# in just under 7 months? I’m curious , How many hours exercising are you doing per week and what do you estimate your daily calorie intake is ?

101# in just under 7 months? I’m curious , How many hours exercising are you doing per week and what do you estimate your daily calorie intake is ?

Now my calories intake is anywhere from 1600-2000. First 4 months or so was a very strict 800 calorie mostly protein diet. Very rough the first couple weeks and you will feel it as your body burns through it's fat. Minimum 10,000 steps a day, usually , usually did at least 2 hours of walking. So usually at least 10-12 hours a week. I usually listen to podcasts or watch YouTube as I walk, things I did anyways but used to just sit on my butt and do. Just face paced walking at first, because you really do not have the energy to do much more than that. Your legs will legit give out at those low calories. After that, I upped it 12,000. Started to jog and run more, also started to eat more carbs for energy. I'm really not dieting now, I'm just mindful of portions. (My strat won't work for a lot of people though, I'm young and had a lot of fat to burn. It can be dangerous to do such a low calorie diet the older you are, plus if you work a job that already physically taxing, yeah it's not a good idea. 12,000 would be the lowest I would absolutely go if you're in your 40s or older, and you work any labor job.)

Upped it to 12,000 steps, or 1,200 calories? I got lost there.

Impressive success! And one comment for anyone else considering a high-protein low-calorie diet: drink a TON of water. You can do some real damage on your kidneys if you don’t stay WELL-hydrated.

Parked the wine January 2 (killed it off Jan 1!) just to see what would happen if I didn’t change anything else (diet or exercise.)

Results: I sleep better, maybe a little better cognitively, maybe a little better physically, better mood, but drum roll, -5 lbs in 12 days and holding.

I was surprised because I’m already on a diuretic for hypertension, and I only drink white or rosé wine - not beer etc. Imagine what would happen if I get out and hit the sidewalks.

Parked the wine January 2 (killed it off Jan 1!) just to see what would happen if I didn’t change anything else (diet or exercise.)

Results: I sleep better, maybe a little better cognitively, maybe a little better physically, better mood, but drum roll, -5 lbs in 12 days and holding.

I was surprised because I’m already on a diuretic for hypertension, and I only drink white or rosé wine - not beer etc. Imagine what would happen if I get out and hit the sidewalks.
You could drink again 😜

Reactions: VolNExile
Now my calories intake is anywhere from 1600-2000. First 4 months or so was a very strict 800 calorie mostly protein diet. Very rough the first couple weeks and you will feel it as your body burns through it's fat. Minimum 10,000 steps a day, usually , usually did at least 2 hours of walking. So usually at least 10-12 hours a week. I usually listen to podcasts or watch YouTube as I walk, things I did anyways but used to just sit on my butt and do. Just face paced walking at first, because you really do not have the energy to do much more than that. Your legs will legit give out at those low calories. After that, I upped it 12,000. Started to jog and run more, also started to eat more carbs for energy. I'm really not dieting now, I'm just mindful of portions. (My strat won't work for a lot of people though, I'm young and had a lot of fat to burn. It can be dangerous to do such a low calorie diet the older you are, plus if you work a job that already physically taxing, yeah it's not a good idea. 12,000 would be the lowest I would absolutely go if you're in your 40s or older, and you work any labor job.)
Totally different strategy than mine. I averaged about 2200 daily calories to lose the 90 pounds in 10.5 months( 2 lbs week) with moderate steady Exercise. I wanted to be able to eat and exercise at the same level when I reached my normal weight as I was doing during the weight loss period. To phrase it another way, I ate the calories to maintain a weight in the 160’s which is a good weight for me.
For me to get to 257 which is where I was at for a few years , I probably was eating 3000-3500 calories daily and being a couch potato. I’ll post a few links in a day or two providing a couple of great links in measuring calories in/calories out for those just starting their weight loss journey or for those who have reached their goal weight and are now trying to maintain the goal weight indefinitely.

5% per month weight loss is what many experts recommend and I agree that is the maximum rate that is safe. My weight loss over the 10.5 months was about 3.3 percent/month or close to it. If I had lost at a rate of 5% I would of lost the 90# about 4-6 weeks sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFaninFla and UTK
Started back on SBD Tuesday, Phase 1. Planning on doing the full two weeks.

This morning while I'm on the treadmill, and hubby is doing weights.........

Me: I've only lost two pounds. Might not work this time.
Him: It's been three days.

Maybe I'll be farther along next Friday. :)

VN Store

Back