Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

Well, not a Friday thing , but I just had to post. I met my first short term goal today. Went for my 4 month checkup at the Dr from when I started losing back in late March. Today I weighed in down 51#!!!! Went from 457 to 406. Also took my BP from 178/102 to 139/80. Gotta wait a day or two to see how my blood work looks, but I'm happy. Next goal is under 400
Awesome job. I lost 60 last year but lost focus and relaxed when I got down just under 200 and gained every single pound back in a few months. The key is to not consider yourself on a diet. Just eat the required calories needed for the weight you are trying to reach. I have again lost about 60 pounds this year and consuming about 2000 calories a day which is a completely safe level. Plus exercise which I’m sure you are doing.

Well, not a Friday thing , but I just had to post. I met my first short term goal today. Went for my 4 month checkup at the Dr from when I started losing back in late March. Today I weighed in down 51#!!!! Went from 457 to 406. Also took my BP from 178/102 to 139/80. Gotta wait a day or two to see how my blood work looks, but I'm happy. Next goal is under 400
Boom! Congrats!

Awesome job. I lost 60 last year but lost focus and relaxed when I got down just under 200 and gained every single pound back in a few months. The key is to not consider yourself on a diet. Just eat the required calories needed for the weight you are trying to reach. I have again lost about 60 pounds this year and consuming about 2000 calories a day which is a completely safe level. Plus exercise which I’m sure you are doing.
I've done the same thing over the last 15 years. Down almost 80 once and about 45 once, both times got sick (possibly made worse over training& under nutrition. I was working out 2x day 5 days a week, and only eating 1500 calories vs my recommended 2600.) and lost focus after and never got back on track and gained it all back plus some. This time I'm going at it much more intelligently and making the "diet" a sustainable lifestyle change vs temporary thing.

I've done the same thing over the last 15 years. Down almost 80 once and about 45 once, both times got sick (possibly made worse over training& under nutrition. I was working out 2x day 5 days a week, and only eating 1500 calories vs my recommended 2600.) and lost focus after and never got back on track and gained it all back plus some. This time I'm going at it much more intelligently and making the "diet" a sustainable lifestyle change vs temporary thing.
I have tried and tried to get this through to some people in my life that latch on to whatever fad of the day is, be it keto or juicing diets or whatever. There is no way to make that sustainable. The key is to listen to your body and find what mix of foods works and gives you the power/energy/guts to get the workouts done and recover and to not stress over having a beer or something on the weekend.

I'm glad you're doing it the right way!

I broke it playing basketball in flip flops. First broken bone in my life. Sucks!
Were you skying up jammin' on your homies & your foot got hung up in the net? B ball in flip flops LOL!!
Since this is your first, a wire coat hanger works great for the itch. Post a pic of the cast & we'll digitally sign it. Heal up bud!

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Were you skying up jammin' on your homies & your foot got hung up in the net? B ball in flip flops LOL!!
Since this is your first, a wire coat hanger works great for the itch. Post a pic of the cast & we'll digitally sign it. Heal up bud!
Lolol. Thankfully no cast. I’m in a walking boot! Can only put weight on my heel around the house. Otherwise crutches94B6595D-C0DD-449D-B498-51E87DC84FEC.jpeg

What is the goal end weight for you and @GroverCleveland ? We are very close to each other. I’m a short guy (5’7) so my goal is probably lower than both of you.

I would really like to hit 185 (6'1") but my will power when it comes to food is sorely lacking. @LouderVol and I are short term shooting for 190.

I would really like to hit 185 (6'1") but my will power when it comes to food is sorely lacking. @LouderVol and I are short term shooting for 190.
My goal is 160 by 12/31 which will be my 60th birthday. “160 by 60”. Last year it was “159 by 59” but I f***ked up and gained all the weight back the last four months of 2020. No repeat performance this year. 🤞

My short term goal is to get to 185 by 9/1. That would be 17 pounds from 8/1 to 9/1. No need to let up on the pressure I’m putting on myself. I do not ever want to see 200 again.

Edit: if I did not count calories every day , I would not have the willpower to lose the weight. It is the only way I can hold myself accountable.

My goal is 160 by 12/31 which will be my 60th birthday. “160 by 60”. Last year it was “159 by 59” but I f***ked up and gained all the weight back the last four months of 2020. No repeat performance this year. 🤞

My short term goal is to get to 185 by 9/1. That would be 17 pounds from 8/1 to 9/1. No need to let up on the pressure I’m putting on myself. I do not ever want to see 200 again.

Edit: if I did not count calories every day , I would not have the willpower to lose the weight. It is the only way I can hold myself accountable.
That's how I lost weight, was counting calories everyday. It was time consuming, but that's what worked. After reaching my goal, I still continued. I eventually stopped counting since I felt comfortable in the way I was eating and properly visualizing portions. I've been able to maintain since I met my goal. Had I not, I'd probably still be counting.

Last Friday I was at 232 lbs.
I will be traveling for the next few day days and away from my usual scales.
This morning (8/11) I weighed in at 230lbs.
So far minus 84.6 lbs in 28 weeks - 3 lbs per week on average.
The push to under 200 is on
Year-end goal?

VN Store

Back