Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

I should have never let myself go. It is hard work.
+1.4 this week - too much watermelon and salt
-77.2 over 25 weeks
Next Friday is end of my sixth month trying to lose weight. I was hoping to reach -80 lbs. Not sure it is possible, but I am going to stay on track
It is going to be close. I have not cheated all week and I have done extra cardio. The scales will tell the tale tomorrow morning.

Hoping you get there. You've worked way too hard not to make it. 80lbs is a whole lot & to loose it in 6 months is phenomenal. Great job big little guy

314.6 - start weight on 1/29/21
232.8 - today
- 81.8 in 26 weeks
Thank you for the encouragement
I am in an weekly accountability group also, but you all have been a great help. Let’s keep grinding and get healthy. I am having blood work today. I was pre-diabetic. Hopefully that has changed

Last edited:
2/14 257.1
3/14 237.8
4/11 234.9
5/16 220.8
6/20 211.6
7/16 208.9
7/23 208.1

49 lbs lost in 159 days (2.15 avg weekly). I’m averaging about 2000-2200 calorie intake during that time. No fad diet needed. All you have to do is eat reasonably with several days of exercise each week.

2/14. 257.1

7/23 208.9
7/30 203.6 (4.6)

Trying to get under 200 for my doctor’s appointment Tuesday. Just received results of lab work from Monday and A1C is now 5.3 so I’m not considered diabetic or pre-diabetic anymore <5.7.
Maybe Doc will lower dosage of my Metformin and Blood Pressure meds.

What is amusing during this last few months losing 50+ pounds, I feel that I am only about 60-70% disciplined in exercising and watching what I eat. Think what it could be if I was 90% plus disciplined?

2/14. 257.1

7/23 208.9
7/30 203.6 (4.6)

Trying to get under 200 for my doctor’s appointment Tuesday. Just received results of lab work from Monday and A1C is now 5.3 so I’m not considered diabetic or pre-diabetic anymore <5.7.

What is amusing during this last few months losing 50+ pounds, I feel that I am only about 60-70% disciplined in exercising and watching what I eat. Think what it could be if I was 90% plus disciplined?
Yeah, but that 90% may not be sustainable. I've had to learn that perfection (or close to it) is not key, but patience and consistency!

I'm hovering right around 200 still, but the thing is I really don't know if the scale is telling me anything. I feel incredible so that's what I ought to be going for, I guess?

2/14. 257.1

7/23 208.9
7/30 203.6 (4.6)

Good job

314.6 - start weight on 1/29/21
232.8 - today
- 81.8 in 26 weeks
Thank you for the encouragement
I am in an weekly accountability group also, but you all have a great help. Let’s keep grinding and get healthy. I am having blood work today. I was pre-diabetic. Hopefully that has changed
Just received results of my A1c. Dropped from 6 last year to 5.2. It is a good day. Again, thanks to everyone for their support

I just found this thread. I’m in the middle of a weight loss program. I started Jan. 27th at 226 lbs. I was 219 by May 19th. I wasn’t taking it very seriously. I lost those 7lbs by swimming for an hour 2-3 times a week. No dietary changes, really. Then, I went on a hiatus for 2 months. I gained back a few pounds and I was at 223 lbs on July 14th.

This is when I started getting serious. I’ve been swimming 5x a week for the last 3 weeks. I swim about 2500-3000 yards each session. I’ve eliminated soda, beer, and liquor completely. I still drink red wine in moderation. My bad habits of late-night snacks and large bowls of ice cream have stopped. I’ve substituted chips and dip for almonds, carrot sticks, and hummus.

Today, I am at 209 lbs, so that’s 14 pounds in 21 days. Not bad. I will be on vacation next week, so I’ll have a few cheat days, but I plan on continuing my weight loss program when I get back. I’d like to get down to 180. Good luck to everyone!

I just found this thread. I’m in the middle of a weight loss program. I started Jan. 27th at 226 lbs. I was 219 by May 19th. I wasn’t taking it very seriously. I lost those 7lbs by swimming for an hour 2-3 times a week. No dietary changes, really. Then, I went on a hiatus for 2 months. I gained back a few pounds and I was at 223 lbs on July 14th.

This is when I started getting serious. I’ve been swimming 5x a week for the last 3 weeks. I swim about 2500-3000 yards each session. I’ve eliminated soda, beer, and liquor completely. I still drink red wine in moderation. My bad habits of late-night snacks and large bowls of ice cream have stopped. I’ve substituted chips and dip for almonds, carrot sticks, and hummus.

Today, I am at 209 lbs, so that’s 14 pounds in 21 days. Not bad. I will be on vacation next week, so I’ll have a few cheat days, but I plan on continuing my weight loss program when I get back. I’d like to get down to 180. Good luck to everyone!
Good job so far and good luck to ya.

Welcome aboard

Great start.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
Well, not a Friday thing , but I just had to post. I met my first short term goal today. Went for my 4 month checkup at the Dr from when I started losing back in late March. Today I weighed in down 51#!!!! Went from 457 to 406. Also took my BP from 178/102 to 139/80. Gotta wait a day or two to see how my blood work looks, but I'm happy. Next goal is under 400

Well, not a Friday thing , but I just had to post. I met my first short term goal today. Went for my 4 month checkup at the Dr from when I started losing back in late March. Today I weighed in down 51#!!!! Went from 457 to 406. Also took my BP from 178/102 to 139/80. Gotta wait a day or two to see how my blood work looks, but I'm happy. Next goal is under 400
Outstanding
Meeting goals is awesome and reinforces the lifestyle.
Good for you.

VN Store

Back