Friday weigh in thread

4/2/21 198.6 -1.4
4/9/21 195.8 (-2.8)
4/16/21 195.8 (-0) Enjoyed myself a bit too much snacking and watching the Masters
04/23/21 196.2 (+.4) too much grazing
04/30/31 198 (+1.8) GEEZ!!!
05/07 198 (-) Grrr.
05/14 196.9 (-1.1)

When I hit 190, going to City Cafe for a slice of cheesecake!

If no one minds I'm going to try and get in on this weekly tracking/accountability thing yall got going on here. I've battled a loosing war against weight all my life. I've made a few good attempts in the past but they all ended in failure and gaining more back than I started (2009: 390 down to 330) (2012: 410 to 340) were my best attempts. Recently I got a wakeup call. I finally broke down and had a checkup. As of March 17th I was diagnosed with hbp, prediabetic, and high cholesterol. My knees are also about shot due to weight damage and psoriatic arthritis. All before turning 41. Anyways I'm hoping maybe this attempt will stick.

3/17/21 : 457
4/29/21 : 450
5/13/21 : 444

If no one minds I'm going to try and get in on this weekly tracking/accountability thing yall got going on here. I've battled a loosing war against weight all my life. I've made a few good attempts in the past but they all ended in failure and gaining more back than I started (2009: 390 down to 330) (2012: 410 to 340) were my best attempts. Recently I got a wakeup call. I finally broke down and had a checkup. As of March 17th I was diagnosed with hbp, prediabetic, and high cholesterol. My knees are also about shot due to weight damage and psoriatic arthritis. All before turning 41. Anyways I'm hoping maybe this attempt will stick.

Hey Chat, absolutely come join in here for accountability. Accountability can be good motivation.

You have the “want too” going for you & that is often the hardest part.

My challenge to you would be:
have a plan with a reasonable goal & see it thru no matter how long if possible. Right now your weight is controlling you & that's not you want. Lots of great weight loss success stories in here, write yours. Our best to you in gettin to where you want to be

My short term goal is I want to get below 400 by October. We have a health screening for work then every year. Their scales max out at 400, the last 6+ years I've been off the scale and have lied about how bad my weight was. This year I want to be accurate on the scale. Middle goal is to be able to take my son and my troop (I'm a scoutmaster "hell of an example, huh?") on a few hikes in the Smokies next spring. Long term goal is to get down to 280. Based on my bf% that would put me ~18% and under "obese ". I know that will be a long road.

This is good progress. Just keep going.

My short term goal is I want to get below 400 by October. We have a health screening for work then every year. Their scales max out at 400, the last 6+ years I've been off the scale and have lied about how bad my weight was. This year I want to be accurate on the scale. Middle goal is to be able to take my son and my troop (I'm a scoutmaster "hell of an example, huh?") on a few hikes in the Smokies next spring. Long term goal is to get down to 280. Based on my bf% that would put me ~18% and under "obese ". I know that will be a long road.
One foot in front of the other. Find a lifestyle you can live with and work that. There are things I love that I can’t eat but I’ve found new things that I love to replace them.
You got the want to going for you. That’s the hard part

Keep it up! You are definitely welcome to post here. Dont get discouraged by any gains. Part of losing and keeping it off is knowing where you honestly are. Dont be afraid to have some fun/cheat meals. But be honest and keep applying yourself. The end goal is what's important, not the weekly check in, so just keep at it, and dont get down on yourself.

@chatsworth_vol
I agree with loudassVol you don’t want too many “fun/cheat meals “ but without then in the plan it sets most up for failure. For example when you’re on the straight and narrow you will hit plateaus. If you “fall off the wagon “ the thought process can be “well, it’s not working so I might as well eat what I want “. That’s so destructive because you can eat 10000 calories a day and gain quickly but you lose weight at 2400 calories a day (my base line) unfortunately you can eat -2500 calories a day so it takes weeks to correct one bad day.

Have a plan. Work the plan. One foot in front of the other. And a cinnamon roll on Saturday.

@chatsworth_vol
I agree with loudassVol you don’t want too many “fun/cheat meals “ but without then in the plan it sets most up for failure. For example when you’re on the straight and narrow you will hit plateaus. If you “fall off the wagon “ the thought process can be “well, it’s not working so I might as well eat what I want “. That’s so destructive because you can eat 10000 calories a day and gain quickly but you lose weight at 2400 calories a day (my base line) unfortunately you can eat -2500 calories a day so it takes weeks to correct one bad day.

Have a plan. Work the plan. One foot in front of the other. And a cinnamon roll on Saturday.
I wonder if I can change my name to that. Doesnt look like they are censoring it.....

@chatsworth_vol

I stick to plans pretty good. My main issue is I have beef bad sinus/ allergy issues. I'll do fine for months, but then 2-3 times a year I get hit with a massive sinus infection that usually turns into bronchitis and occasionally pneumonia. That hits my chest so bad I can hardly walk across the room without doubling over coughing. That lasts for 2 months or more. By time I recover enough to start walking or working out again I've gained most of it back. Then depression hits and I say f it for another couple years.

I stick to plans pretty good. My main issue is I have beef bad sinus/ allergy issues. I'll do fine for months, but then 2-3 times a year I get hit with a massive sinus infection that usually turns into bronchitis and occasionally pneumonia. That hits my chest so bad I can hardly walk across the room without doubling over coughing. That lasts for 2 months or more. By time I recover enough to start walking or working out again I've gained most of it back. Then depression hits and I say f it for another couple years.
That is tough.
Getting over the hump is often the worst of it. Just check in for support and remember it’s 80% what goes in your mouth.
You got this and we are here to listen and support if need be.

VN Store

Back