Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

My self imposed rule is to eat out one meal a week. It definitely has helped with loss and maintaining.
I make myself eat mcdonalds once a week. Dont get me wrong I love the taste, but it helps me stay on track to have that type of "cheat". After some burgers and fries I can keep snacking to a minimum. If i dont, I tend to snack hard.

Works best if I have the M the day I go grocery shopping. Feel gross so I shop better.

I make myself eat mcdonalds once a week. Dont get me wrong I love the taste, but it helps me stay on track to have that type of "cheat". After some burgers and fries I can keep snacking to a minimum. If i dont, I tend to snack hard.

Works best if I have the M the day I go grocery shopping. Feel gross so I shop better.
The problem I have is that I don't cheat on food often, but when I do I go way overboard.

Also I like beer.

I would like to say BMI is the most useless tool any doctors office uses. I went to the doctor to do my health screening for insurance. I weighed in at 235 in their office ,they won't let you remove anything from your person, I weighed in yesterday at home at 220, I've used other scales recently and been around 220. My BMI score was 32.65 and now have to go do a health assessment meeting with some nurse 60 lbs overweight to tell me how unhealthy I am.

Am I the most healthy? No, but for the sake of all that is holy I am training for a Murph and just did it in 71 minutes Friday and I work out Monday-Friday at 5:30 am for an hour, none of that matters though. This is the ish about healthcare that pisses me off.

I would like to say BMI is the most useless tool any doctors office uses. I went to the doctor to do my health screening for insurance. I weighed in at 235 in their office ,they won't let you remove anything from your person, I weighed in yesterday at home at 220, I've used other scales recently and been around 220. My BMI score was 32.65 and now have to go do a health assessment meeting with some nurse 60 lbs overweight to tell me how unhealthy I am.

Am I the most healthy? No, but for the sake of all that is holy I am training for a Murph and just did it in 71 minutes Friday and I work out Monday-Friday at 5:30 am for an hour, none of that matters though. This is the ish about healthcare that pisses me off.
My BMI ranks me as 'obese'. Here's a post workout photo from last week of my obese butt.

Any health institution that uses BMI is just dumb.PXL_20210305_180604977.jpg

2/4/20 257.4
9/4/20. 198.4
2/4/21 257.1
3/5/21 239.3. Refocused on 2/14/21 Did it last year, I can do it again.

3/12
236.1 (3.2)

Averaged about 2,000 daily calories per day the last 7 days with moderate/Heavy exercise. Heavy for me at least in my current state.

Walking 7.9 miles
Swimming 820 yards
Bike Riding(Virginia Creeper Trail) - 19.4 miles.

My Goal is 12,000 calories a week or 1,714 per day.

Went out and bought me a decent pair of doctor’s scales like you see in the office. I was tired with digital scales giving me different weights when I stepped on/off in the same spot.

What are some opinions on Planet Fitness?

Not looking to get into hardcore body building, just want to lose some weight and get in better shape.

Planet Fitness seems like it would fit my style, but I've read a lot of bad reviews about their billing practices.

Just curious if any of you guys and gals have had dealings with them.

Not looking to get into hardcore body building, just want to lose some weight and get in better shape.

Planet Fitness seems like it would fit my style, but I've read a lot of bad reviews about their billing practices.

I was a member of Lifestyle Fitness for 25 years until they were bought out by Planet Fitness. It changed and not for the better. Dirty showers, dirty weight area, members leaving workout bags on the floor and staff not doing anything about it. I canceled my membership and canceled the credit card which paid my monthly fee.
Yours might be better. Do they offer trial memberships?

The one where I live is great. I think they're franchises so they'll all be hit or miss I'd say.

I was a member of Lifestyle Fitness for 25 years until they were bought out by Planet Fitness. It changed and not for the better. Dirty showers, dirty weight area, members leaving workout bags on the floor and staff not doing anything about it. I canceled my membership and canceled the credit card which paid my monthly fee.
Yours might be better. Do they offer trial memberships?

Not sure about trial memberships.

Read that they require a checking account to pay your monthly dues. Not crazy about that.

I know a couple people who have been "prebilled" on their memberships there. Supposedly that policy has been changed but not sure I would personally trust them.

I haven't weighed in about nine months. We both have health issues, and because of covid we have gone out very little. No restaurants, but pizza or gyros delivered some. We've mostly had homemade ice cream and homemade pie for dessert.
I decided to go back to my hippy days, and grow my hair to my shoulders and a beard. Damn, I've gained 23 lbs.
I didn't realize hair is so heavy.

We had membership there for a couple years and loved it. We moved and had no issues transferring our membership to the closest one to our new house, but it ultimately was just not convenient. We had no issues canceling. Now have home gym equipment.

VN Store

Back