Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

Very impressive. What is your diet like?

We've been using the Weight Watchers app on our phones and it has been very helpful. It allocates points to different food items and lets you assign however many points you want to each meal/snack. The goal is to stay within your points budget for the day/week. I usually stop myself even shorter than the daily allotment. The WW aim is to lose 1-2 pounds per week.

I eat a lot of Greek yogurt for breakfast. Sometimes a protein shake for breakfast. A lot of grilled chicken for lunch. Mixed with brown rice and veggies (green beans, squash, sweet potatoes). Wife meal preps my lunch on Sundays. Dinner varies. We've used more fish, grilled chicken, lean ground beef, turkey meat in our dinners. Often with a veggie and sometimes a starch. My wife uses a lot of recipes found on Weight Watchers as well as the Skinnytaste blog/cookbooks.

On the weekends, usually all bets are off. I use the weekend to decompress after I've been eating clean all weak. I've found that it helps me stay strict during the week if I know I can cheat on the weekends. This has probably led to it taking longer for me to get the weight off versus if I cheated less, but I've found that I've been able to slowly lose weight and keep it off (outside of fluctuations of a few pounds here and there from week to week).

147.4. Up one pound.

This is the second Peak Week test I am doing in this phase. Tomorrow will look a lot like the previous numbers, around 4,500 calories, but I'll bump carbs up to about 1,000 since I did not overshoot last time I tried that. The next day will be low calorie to hopefully use up some of that glucose floating around and hopefully I will look "peaked" on Monday morning. When I did this last time, I looked my best on Wednesday, so I am changing some variables between the carb load and afterwards to see if I can dial it in better.

Regardless, I've got a photographer lined up for a couple of weeks from now. I will know enough from this peak week to make a decision moving forward, will diet down for another week, and then peak week before my photo shoot.

Have a great weekend folks.
146.6 -.8

I had my second peak week test last week, eating nearly 1,000 grams of carbs on Saturday. It went well, so I’m pretty dialed in with that set up moving forward.

I took the rest of the week to return to dieting to make a bit more progress before my true peak week begins on Monday of next week. Friday will be the 1,000 Gm carb load and then I will attempt to manage my conditioning for photos Monday morning.
Have a great weekend folks

Reactions: volwindy and MEDVOL

I’m using the ITrackBites app on my phone, the calorie count version. I’m not sure whether to thank or curse @MEDVOL for this. 😁 One thing in favor of using an app: when you see that you’re running out of your allowance, and it’s not even dinner, it’s very motivating to go do something that burns calories, whether walk, do some bodyweight exercises, or even clean house. (The app credits back calories for exercise, by type and time.) The figures don’t seem very precise or accurate, but it works.

I’m using the ITrackBites app on my phone, the calorie count version. I’m not sure whether to thank or curse @MEDVOL for this. 😁 One thing in favor of using an app: when you see that you’re running out of your allowance, and it’s not even dinner, it’s very motivating to go do something that burns calories, whether walk, do some bodyweight exercises, or even clean house. (The app credits back calories for exercise, by type and time.) The figures don’t seem very precise or accurate, but it works.
That's what helped me, is tracking food/calorie intake for about a year and a half. Once I was able to visualize my portions for all kinds of foods, I quit tracking. If I wasn't maintaining, I'd probably go back to tracking!

Reactions: VolNExile
That's what helped me, is tracking food/calorie intake for about a year and a half. Once I was able to visualize my portions for all kinds of foods, I quit tracking. If I wasn't maintaining, I'd probably go back to tracking!
It’s kind of a PITA to determine the counts (I also track fat, carbs, and protein) when you make up your own recipes. I use the USDA food values, since there’s so much garbage on diet and fitness apps. Keeps me occupied anyway!

Reactions: volwindy
It’s kind of a PITA to determine the counts (I also track fat, carbs, and protein) when you make up your own recipes. I use the USDA food values, since there’s so much garbage on diet and fitness apps. Keeps me occupied anyway!
Oh yes, making recipes was a huge PAIN!!

146.6 -.8

I had my second peak week test last week, eating nearly 1,000 grams of carbs on Saturday. It went well, so I’m pretty dialed in with that set up moving forward.

I took the rest of the week to return to dieting to make a bit more progress before my true peak week begins on Monday of next week. Friday will be the 1,000 Gm carb load and then I will attempt to manage my conditioning for photos Monday morning.
Have a great weekend folks
145.9 -.7

This is the end.

I depleted carbs again this week and will be carb loading after a 2 hour Depletion workout here in a few minutes. I’ll end up with about 5,000 calories in the day and monitor my physique over the next two days.

Photoshoot is scheduled for Monday morning. Wish me well folks

198.8 - haven’t weighed in since 12/7 when I was 193.4. Up 5.4 lbs, but we just moved, I didn’t work out for three weeks and pigged out over the holidays. I’m disappointed but think I can shave it back off soon. I just started back my P90X3 on Monday. Everyone have a good weekend

VN Store

Back