Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

Finally did it. Wife is going to kill me if I lose anymore.

December 1, 2019
200 pounds
41.5 inch waist
30% BF
38 pants and XL shirt

July 17th
159.2 pounds
32.75 nice waist
16% BF
32 pants (can wear a 30) and a medium shirt

* still need to drop my BF % a little bit I’m happy overall

Last edited:
Finally did it. Wife is going to kill me if I lose anymore.

December 1, 2019
200 pounds
41.5 inch waist
30% BF
38 pants and XL shirt

July 17th
159.2 pounds
32.75 nice waist
16% BF
32 pants (can wear a 30) and a medium shirt

* still need to drop my BF % a little bit I’m happy overall
How are you checking BF%?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
243.6 /-2.6 (-21.8 since restarting diet)
I weighed myself everyday for years, now I just weigh myself once a week. I like it so much better this way, somehow it keeps me more focused and can’t explain why.
Do you all weigh everyday or just once a week?
Once a week. Every once in awhile I weigh in twice, mostly just to check-in after a heavy weekend. I feel like if I weighed in every day I'd have a rollercoaster of emotions.

So I went to a follow up appointment at the cardiologist today.
There’s a history in my family so I’m staying in front of things. Some of the very mild issues I was having have gone away After I gained a few pounds stress eating over the Red Wowans cancer scare. (If you don’t follow the other thread she’s fine and still in remission). He said that I should not try to weigh any less than 215. I was 208 today and feel pretty good. I don’t see a need to add 7 more pounds.

Navy method. I’m going to get an actual scan soon.
sounds like a good time to diet break to stabilize a bit. That’s a large % of your weight lost

Dexa?

Calipers are a nice way to track over time if you don’t get obsessed over the numbers it spits out based on the formula.

sounds like a good time to diet break to stabilize a bit. That’s a large % of your weight lost

Dexa?

Calipers are a nice way to track over time if you don’t get obsessed over the numbers it spits out based on the formula.
Diet break is desperately needed for sure. I’m starting to stay exhausted and moody lol. Yea I’m going to get a dexa scan in Knoxville sometime soon. I haven’t ever tried the calipers.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Diet break is desperately needed for sure. I’m starting to stay exhausted and moody lol. Yea I’m going to get a dexa scan in Knoxville sometime soon. I haven’t ever tried the calipers.

Dexa is cool. Read up on it first regarding a body fat analysis. It will be affected by muscle glycogen if you’ve had higher or lower carbs leading into it. Make sure your technician knows that is the data point you are focusing on too.

There’s still a wide margin of error with DEXA but it’s probably the best we’ve got without an autopsy.
Definitely pick up some Slimguide calipers from Amazon. Compare your readings To the DEXA so you have a reference point moving forward

Reactions: BAJAvol
243.6 /-2.6 (-21.8 since restarting diet)
I weighed myself everyday for years, now I just weigh myself once a week. I like it so much better this way, somehow it keeps me more focused and can’t explain why.
Do you all weigh everyday or just once a week?
Usually once a week. Daily can be counter productive. If you did well for seven days it will show up. If you do well one day it doesn’t necessarily show up the next day. It may take 2 or 3 days for it to show up on the scale.

Reactions: volwindy and MAD
Dexa is cool. Read up on it first regarding a body fat analysis. It will be affected by muscle glycogen if you’ve had higher or lower carbs leading into it. Make sure your technician knows that is the data point you are focusing on too.

There’s still a wide margin of error with DEXA but it’s probably the best we’ve got without an autopsy.
Definitely pick up some Slimguide calipers from Amazon. Compare your readings To the DEXA so you have a reference point moving forward
Thanks for the info Nick! Had no idea about the glycogen levels throwing it off. I do want to buy some calipers. When I search the slimguide on amazon, it pulls several. Any particular one you recommend?

Starting a personal challenge program today of “60 days to 210”. Sept 16 is target date. Put the plan together back on July 6th & started getting things back in the groove then. Weight was 232 on the 6th & today it’s 225. Just a simple exercise & nutrition plan. 15 lbs total @ 7.5 lbs per month is very do-able.
Anyone interested in joining in, come on

Thanks for the info Nick! Had no idea about the glycogen levels throwing it off. I do want to buy some calipers. When I search the slimguide on amazon, it pulls several. Any particular one you recommend?
This one or the black version is fine

Slim Guide Skinfold Caliper

Let me know how the DEXA goes. I might bucket list that when I get to the bottom end of this diet.

I’ve set a target date of October 1st for hopefully no more than 11 pounds to lose. We will see

Reactions: BAJAvol

VN Store

Back