Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

May 29 249.2
June 5 253
Today 261.2
I have put on 12 pounds in the last 2 weeks.
I’m upset about this, feel like I’m spiraling out of control.
Would you all mind if I start posting my weight daily for awhile? I think that would help me get back on track.

May 29 249.2
June 5 253
Today 261.2
Would you all mind if I start posting my weight daily for awhile? I think that would help me get back on track.
I'm going to come and eat for you at mommas. I will fall on that sword.

May 29 249.2
June 5 253
Today 261.2
I’ll come by and smack food out of your hands if you think that’ll help.

Reactions: volwindy and MAD
@mad4vols
My problem (everyone’s problem really) is I can gain so fast but it takes forever to loose. it makes sense I guess. I’m 6.2 and to stay 200 I have to eat about 2500 calories a day. If I go nuts for 2 weeks I can gain 15 pounds. That’s probably 4-5000 calories a day. Unfortunately I can’t go 2 weeks on 500 calories to take it back off. Considering who we are and what food is traditionally eaten..........it ain’t easy brother. I’m pulling for you though

Reactions: volwindy and MAD
New guy checking in. 218, just got a scale.

Last time I weighed was at the doctors a year ago was 235. Back in 2013 I was 350ish.

Pushing to get below 200. Not in any rush
You’re only 5 feet 9. I’ve known you for a while and can’t imagine you at 350. Great job in losing to this point.

Edit: I’m giving louder a hard time. He’s not short. Although he did grow up a Bama fan.

According to his mother it was when he went to UT. Up until then die hard bama fan.
Yup. Lied to all my life. First couple college football games were in Tuscaloosa right in the fans with family. Had nothing on my first game in Neyland with people I barely new. Never looked back from the first "woo".

You’re only 5 feet 9. I’ve known you for a while and can’t imagine you at 350. Great job in losing to this point.

Edit: I’m giving louder a hard time. He’s not short. Although he did grow up a Bama fan.
Not even sure if possible to pull images from facebook but there is a couple from right after graduation that would show off the chonk.

@mad4vols
My problem (everyone’s problem really) is I can gain so fast but it takes forever to loose. it makes sense I guess. I’m 6.2 and to stay 200 I have to eat about 2500 calories a day. If I go nuts for 2 weeks I can gain 15 pounds. That’s probably 4-5000 calories a day. Unfortunately I can’t go 2 weeks on 500 calories to take it back off. Considering who we are and what food is traditionally eaten..........it ain’t easy brother. I’m pulling for you though
Kevin is the only exception. He can lose easier than he can gain 😡 "oh I lost 4 lbs this week and I don't know why".

Feb 4 2020 257.3
June 14 2020 205.5
About 3 lbs loss per week

Avg daily calories - 2000 during the last 4 months
With lots of walking, biking and now a little jogging.
My motto or goal is “159 by 59(Age)” which is Dec 31. About halfway there.

May 29 249.2
June 5 253
Today 261.2
I use “MyFitnessPal”(free version is all you need) and lost about 50 in the last 4 months and would never have done it without the app. Keeping calories @ 2000 average and eating 6 times a day. I was probably averaging 4000-5000 calories a day to maintain a weight in the 250’s a few short months ago. Have you tried any of the calorie counting apps?

BTW posting daily may be detrimental IMHO because of certain issues. Weekly Weigh-ins should be good enough.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back