Friday weigh in thread (suns out guns out challenge 8/30/24)

192.6. I’m on an identical pattern each week. Gain a few in the weekend, lose it over the week. Happy with this weight range though
I’ve seem to have landed in that same pattern.
199-200 on Monday 196ish on Friday.
197 this morning. I think I’d like to be where you are but I feel so much better at this weight I’m not that concerned if I lose any more.
Maintenance mode.

Reactions: SDV and volwindy
192.6. I’m on an identical pattern each week. Gain a few in the weekend, lose it over the week. Happy with this weight range though
It's too easy to have fun on the weekends! But at least we know to be strict during the week.

Reactions: SDV
lifters, what is your go to pre workout? Going to start taking one for the first time in about 3 years due to a carb restricted diet killing my energy level at the gym just having overall fatigue due to work. I've had some in the past that made me want to fight people, so I would like to avoid that lol.

lifters, what is your go to pre workout? Going to start taking one for the first time in about 3 years due to a carb restricted diet killing my energy level at the gym just having overall fatigue due to work. I've had some in the past that made me want to fight people, so I would like to avoid that lol.

You’re to old for lifting.
(Just a guess)
Switch to yoga and body weight exercises.
You’re functional strength will improve dramatically over lifting.
I **** you not.

You’re to old for lifting.
(Just a guess)
Switch to yoga and body weight exercises.
You’re functional strength will improve dramatically over lifting.
I **** you not.

I'm 24. I do want to add in some yoga though for better internal flexation.

I'm 24. I do want to add in some yoga though for better internal flexation.

Seriously though.
Do yourself a favor and save your body.
Stay away from lifting and take a hard long look at body weight/yoga type workout.
I turn 50 at the end of August. I’m a contractor and outwork/outperform all the 20 and 30 somethings that work for me.

So.....the mid to low 190s isn’t working out. Shoulders and elbows hurting. So I did the math and added a few calories back in 2 weeks ago with the final weight of 200 being the weight I think will be the most comfortable.

195 2 weeks ago.
197 last week.
We’ll see in the morning but the the soreness has all but gone away

Reactions: VolNExile
How tall are you?

With the muscle you must have, I would think that body fat percentage would be the thing to track (although more difficult.)

A little over 6-2
Well, pshht then. You’re probably a solidly built person, high bone density and a lot of muscle. I would guess that 200 is completely reasonable for your frame.

If you can still bend over easily to tie your shoes, you should be good.

Hubs wears the same size jeans he wore in 1974. This makes me completely insane. 1560471494332.gif 1560471525282.gif

Well, pshht then. You’re probably a solidly built person, high bone density and a lot of muscle. I would guess that 200 is completely reasonable for your frame.

If you can still bend over easily to tie your shoes, you should be good.

Hubs wears the same size jeans he wore in 1974. This makes me completely insane. View attachment 208861View attachment 208862

Well I’m a yoga guy plus a long time martial artist so flexibility isn’t an issue.

Here’s the test I give people.
If you can stand on one leg and hold the toe of the other foot with that leg straight out in front of you the you’re in good shape.

(I wonder how many people are going to fall over trying this)

And
It’s just easier for men to lose weight
Body chemistry gives men the advantage in maintaining and losing weight

Well I’m a yoga guy plus a long time martial artist so flexibility isn’t an issue.

If you can stand on one leg and hold the toe of the other foot with that leg straight out in front of you the you’re in good shape.

1560472318945.gif

I will pass on this test

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back