Friday the 13th and a weekend of upsets

HooahVol

This weekend looks pretty boring right? No ranked matchups. Well don't get into a lull because history has a tendency to repeat itself.

This article is interesting: College Football Picks: A week where things could get weird.

To summarize the last time there was a weekend where two ranked teams were not playing each other was Oct. 13, 2017. That weekend also started with a Friday the 13th and on that Friday Syracuse beat No. 2 Clemson 27-24 at the Carrier Dome. Later that night, No. 8 Washington State was blown out at California, 37-3. But it does not end there. As the weekend games were played No. 24 Texas Tech and No. 25 Navy lost road games and were never ranked again that season. No. 10 Auburn lost at LSU and the biggest stunner of all was No. 5 Washington lost 13-7 at Arizona State. All in all in a "boring" weekend there were 6 upsets and mass carnage. Lets see if history repeats itself.

This weekend looks pretty boring right? No ranked matchups. Well don't get into a lull because history has a tendency to repeat itself.

This article is interesting: College Football Picks: A week where things could get weird.

To summarize the last time there was a weekend where two ranked teams were not playing each other was Oct. 13, 2017. That weekend also started with a Friday the 13th and on that Friday Syracuse beat No. 2 Clemson 27-24 at the Carrier Dome. Later that night, No. 8 Washington State was blown out at California, 37-3. But it does not end there. As the weekend games were played No. 24 Texas Tech and No. 25 Navy lost road games and were never ranked again that season. No. 10 Auburn lost at LSU and the biggest stunner of all was No. 5 Washington lost 13-7 at Arizona State. All in all in a "boring" weekend there were 6 upsets and mass carnage. Lets see if history repeats itself.

I could respect these prophets of doom much more if they had the mountain oysters to pick the upset. No, we get to hear about the possibilities that such an upset could happen. I respect conviction ole soothsayer, take the upset and quick covering your backend by implying something is possible. Something tells me this would be the first guy to tweet out I told you so, in spite of his actual score prediction.

No. 2 Alabama (minus 25+) at South Carolina
You might remember the last time the Tide and Gamecocks played in 2010 as The Stephen Garcia Game. Could this be The Ryan Hilinski Game? ... ALABAMA 45-14.

VN Store

Back