Freshman Surprise Starter?

You are likely correct, but I did google him and they had him in the mid 1960s. I will not question you on this. The point is he appears to be similar in talent potential.
No worries, point taken regarding CA comparison. But just for the record, Harry was born in 1965, played his highschool football in Clarksville, TN, played for Majors in the mid 1980s (1984-1987).
Harry Galbreath - Wikipedia

I guess Crouch, Wright, and Morris wouldn't be a surprise so I'll go with Jackson Lowe.
Would Keyton be a surprise?

You can tell how well the recruiting went when we have some many possible freshman who may play during the season
Meaning classes recruited under previous staff or CJP? If you are referring to Pruitt, it is good news if his studs can beat out upperclassmen recruited by Butch.

I think Wanya Morris and Darnell Wright will start on the offensive line from game one against Georgia State. I think by the middle of the season Henry To'oto'o and Quavaris Crouch will be starters on the defense. I think Eric Gray will get significant playing time at running back by the end of the season.

Reactions: MAD
I don’t see any “ surprises “ , if we do it’s probably not due to anything good happening

Morris is an obvious starter , the safety that showed out in the spring will play a lot.
The OL needs to be all monster workaholic s this offseason or none of what we are discussing really matters so ...

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I guess Crouch, Wright, and Morris wouldn't be a surprise so I'll go with Jackson Lowe.
Keyton would be a huge surprise given the fact that he showed no fight on 50/50 passes. Which strikes me as odd..... his highlights from hs are full of them with HB at qb. 🤔 Needless to say I was unimpressed. Maybe I'm alone

Sounds like a solid, high potential prospect who will benefit greatly from the new red shirt rule.

Meaning classes recruited under previous staff or CJP? If you are referring to Pruitt, it is good news if his studs can beat out upperclassmen recruited by Butch.
yes I mean the 2019 class...a lot good looking freshman... a lot who could eventually play this year...hard work and the sky is the limit for them

Roman Harrison opposite of Darrell Taylor or Henry Toto

These are good points I don’t see the staff being able to keep Harrison off the field. He is already probably the strongest guy on the team and hasn’t even practiced a day yet. Barring his technique at LB he is a for sure starter.

They said Keyton was developing well. If he picks up the playbook I see him getting reps. Dunno if Keyton would start though. So I would say if somehow he ends up a starter it would be a surprise.

I think Wanya Morris and Darnell Wright will start on the offensive line from game one against Georgia State. I think by the middle of the season Henry To'oto'o and Quavaris Crouch will be starters on the defense. I think Eric Gray will get significant playing time at running back by the end of the season.

Look at Roman Harrison to keep either Crouch or To’oto’o off the field this year. They could rotate but I expect it to be Taylor, Bituli, Harrison, and either Crouch or To’oto’o at some point for starters.

These are good points I don’t see the staff being able to keep Harrison off the field. He is already probably the strongest guy on the team and hasn’t even practiced a day yet. Barring his technique at LB he is a for sure starter.
If an incoming 240 lb freshman is the strongest player on the team wow we are in huge huge huge trouble and Fitzgerald should be fired immediately and I guarantee that Fitzgerald would agree wholeheartedly

If an incoming 240 lb freshman is the strongest player on the team wow we are in huge huge huge trouble and Fitzgerald should be fired immediately and I guarantee that Fitzgerald would agree wholeheartedly

Lol the kid won state in Weightlifting. Guess you don’t keep up with players very much. He squats over 545 lbs (3 reps) this was a year ago btw so I’d be surprised if he isn’t squatting close to 600, Power cleans over 355 lbs which is an old Max, and Benches over 410 lbs which is also an old Max. So yes I believe he is the strongest player on the team.

Good job being ignorant.

P.S. He is a freak athlete.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derangedvol
Lol the kid won state in Weightlifting. Guess you don’t keep up with players very much. He squats over 545 lbs (3 reps) this was a year ago btw so I’d be surprised if he isn’t squatting close to 600, Power cleans over 355 lbs which is an old Max, and Benches over 410 lbs which is also an old Max. So yes I believe he is the strongest player on the team.

Good job being ignorant.

P.S. He is a freak athlete.
If ANY 18 yo comes in and is the strongest player on a division 1 team of our resources w 21-23 yo players who were as highly rated as some were that have been in a strength and conditioning program ( even under Lyle ) for YEARS then wow yes something is very wrong and or this guy is the next great thing in football. Which would be quite awesome. But the difference in development between a 18 and 22 yo in pure strength should be a massive difference at ANY program.

Reactions: KBVol
If ANY 18 yo comes in and is the strongest player on a division 1 team of our resources w 21-23 yo players who were as highly rated as some were that have been in a strength and conditioning program ( even under Lyle ) for YEARS then wow yes something is very wrong and or this guy is the next great thing in football. Which would be quite awesome. But the difference in development between a 18 and 22 yo in pure strength should be a massive difference at ANY program.

Lol, your point only makes sense if the kid was just a normal football athlete.

Btw, not many people can bench press 410 at any given age, let alone squat 545 (3 times).

The kid lifted to get stronger to compete in weightlifting competitions. He won state in weightlifting like 2 or 3 years in a row now.

Has nothing to do with our weightlifting program. The kid is just a hard worker. He lifts constantly and always stays in shape. I will keep to what I said and say he is the strongest player on the team.

I don’t think we have a single player who can out lift him if you combine his weightlifting categories. (I’m sure we have a player or 2 that can maybe beat Harrison’s max in one of the lifts I mentioned, but definitely not all of those Max’s)

Reactions: LittleVol
I'd say crouch may be that guy but who knows

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Akporogene is a project. He looks the part but his mechanics need alot of training . I would expect him on field until a red shirt year is over... and then we will see where he us,at . May be as a soph or jr if he keeps working
He may or may not be a project. I think he needs a year of weight room for sure, but he is quick and light on his feet and also has a mean streak. I think he will be a very good one down the road. GBO!

VN Store

Back