Freeze inks big new deal with Liberty.

Impossible, Volunteer Hillbilly said he was getting the Florida job lol

Pretty clear at this point that big jobs don’t think the potential reward outweighs the risk with him.

These smaller conference schools are stepping up what their willing to pay and it will be harder for the P5 schools to lure coaches away. If your making 2-3-4 mil a year with a secure job with reasonable expectations is 6-8 mil worth the pressure and demands of an SEC job?

I think Freeze does not want back in the SEC. It's a meat grinder , what else was out there, Miami? They are no longer serious about football in Miami.
I imagine if the right fit presents itself he'll move on.

If that were the case why the big $$ from Liberty?
Buyout money to hire another coach, probably. Baylor signed Matt Rhule to a new long-term contract before he left. They made serious bank off of the Panthers.

These smaller conference schools are stepping up what their willing to pay and it will be harder for the P5 schools to lure coaches away. If your making 2-3-4 mil a year with a secure job with reasonable expectations is 6-8 mil worth the pressure and demands of an SEC job?
Not just smaller schools or conferences. I listened to some sports radio out of Waco today and one of the "insiders" was saying that Baylor was contemplating a Jumbo Fisher type contact for Dave Aranda except with a huge buyout.

They broke ground on a new 104,000 sq ft football facility last week and construction on the new basketball arena should start in January or February. Since 2013 Baylor has built half a billion dollars of new facilities. Athletics is big money these days.

Last edited:
Pretty good deal for Freeze. I know people said well he always gets schools in trouble. I guess people cannot change in this day and age huh 🙄

Liberty's Freeze receives megadeal through '28

Freeze was “living at the foot of the cross” when he was breaking rules & calling prostitutes also. It’s one thing to live your life “wild & free” but it takes a special demon to be able to preach religion at 8pm & call prostitutes at 10pm. I couldn’t begin to live a lie like that. And you don’t change from that easily. JMO

I'll never understand why so many on here love Hugh or why they believe big schools should be knocking his door down to get him. He squeaked by Saban twice. That's literally all hes done. Malzahn must be top 5 all time then if that's the metric. He's a good coach. Nothing more, nothing less.

7-6
8-5
9-4
10-3
5-7

39-25 record.

Reactions: wmcovol
Well you just don't understand how Hugh Freeze or Lane Kiffin would be the greatest thing to ever happen to whatever school hires them next. They're right up there on Jon Gruden's level.

I'll never understand why so many on here love Hugh or why they believe big schools should be knocking his door down to get him. He squeaked by Saban twice. That's literally all hes done. Malzahn must be top 5 all time then if that's the metric. He's a good coach. Nothing more, nothing less.

7-6
8-5
9-4
10-3
5-7

39-25 record.
It’s the same as Kiffin. So many people here think he is amazing, and has statistically the same record as Butch Jones. And as an aside, he has had a sure fire top 15 NFL draft pick guiding his offense for 2 seasons, and his career statistics with that QB match his overall effort. He is not, nor ever will be great. He will have the occasional 9-10 win season, depending on whatever talent he is blessed with.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

7-6
8-5
9-4
10-3
5-7

39-25 record.
Pretty similar to Butch’s trajectory at UT.

7-6
8-5
9-4
10-3
5-7

39-25 record.

And he cheated like hell to get that

This thread didn’t age well.

I wanted Freeze but doesn’t look like he changed much.

VN Store

Back