Freemasons

Any here?
Closest I got was my uncle very high ranked mason out of Orange County California for 30 years and then he moved to Memphis where he joined the local. He passed 4 years ago. He spoke about his level once and never spoke about it again. My aunt never spoke about it.
My understanding is it's like fight club, we don't talk about fight club. Just the impression I get after knowing someone is a mason.

Closest I got was my uncle very high ranked mason out of Orange County California for 30 years and then he moved to Memphis where he joined the local. He passed 4 years ago. He spoke about his level once and never spoke about it again. My aunt never spoke about it.
My understanding is it's like fight club, we don't talk about fight club. Just the impression I get after knowing someone is a mason.

Interesting

I have guilt by association. My father is a mason and shriner and I have done many things with him and his fellow members. I have the utmost respect for your group. Yes I have been approached many times about joining but for me its a no. The guys are great but they're not me or like me. As mentioned earlier, they are 10-20 years older than me. I already have friends that are my age and are like me so there's nothing that makes me want to be in the organization. This is where I think the masons and shriners faltered when they failed to repopulate their base with younger members. To be fair, most charitable organizations (Kiwanians, Lions, Optimist, etc...) are waning these days and that could be due to being an online society instead of a in person social society. I'll hate the day there are no mason fish frys or shriner circus but that's just our world now.

I think that Dad joined the moose lodge or the raccoon lodge or something. I think that my grampa was a Shriner, but he did that so he could play his alto sax in the parades.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Past Master of Red River Lodge #537 here. We have several younger men joining our Lodge. I am teaching a FC his lecture now. It is a great organization-you get out of it what you put into it.

Reactions: Dudleys87
A lot of fraternal groups hit the skids as liquor by the drink became legal across the country, the south in particular where we had a lot of dry counties well into the 1990s. It turned out their chief selling point was the lodge bar.

VN Store

Back