*****Freak's night before the Ole Miss game, admittedly off topic thread

Trying to get my winter grass planted out here in Arizona. Yes, we plant grass seed out here this time of year and have lush green grass through the winter while many other places have brown and dormant grass. This is when we come alive in Phoenix. Beautiful 70-80 degree weather from Oct through almost May. Will watch the game at 4:30 here.

Just hanging with all my friends, meaning I’m by myself. Wifey in WI with family and I’m watching Clemson vs Syracuse. Well past my bedtime already but I’m training for tomorrow night.

There are a bunch of them in St. Louis now. I love Cain's. It is the best fast food chicken for sure, and I could eat their sauce on a dirty boot.

Tons of Cain’s in Phoenix. My son is a student at ASU and I think he and his buddies must eat at the Caines near campus 5 times a week.

Just got finished getting everything ready to tailgate as we head up in the morning. Just resting after a busy work week. We will have wings and chicken tenders with chips and cookie cakes. Good clean one with my kids. We will do cornhole and throw the football and just relax till time to vol walk and get ready to kick some rebel kiffy.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Wife and I on our way home from a 17 stop, 6 day Distillery Tour (self planned & guided) throughout The Great State of Tennessee (with a couple gems just over the border in Kentucky, too added on)

Home tomorrow back in the Shenandoah Valley for kick-off....and ANOTHER TENNESSEE WIN!!!!

Just got back from a 4 mile run after unloading stacking and splitting a ric of wood. Love fall and all that comes w it. Now getting ready to have a tasty beverage and watch Halloween Kills

You have some skills. You still eligible as a walk on?

Reactions: vollygirl
Teeing off at 8:30 AM to defend my "Super Senior Club Championship" (it ain't likely the defense will be successful). When I get home around 1:45, I'll probably watch the last of the ARKY/AU game, then watch my Astros club the Red Sox into submission. For the game, I'll have some Tennessee style BBQ, spiced up with Trollingers BBQ sauce and Memphis Cole Slaw. Because I have to play golf the next day, unless I hack myself out of competition (somewhat likely), I'll have to keep the alcohol intake to a minimum. Maybe a couple of shots of Don Julio or Casamigos on the rocks.

Reactions: Volunteer08
Count on Freak for this thread. Well I got a pork butt I’m throwing on the smoker tomorrow morning. Price for pork is not what it used to be. Having a fraternity brother over the game and hopefully we’ll pull this puppy off

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Suffering through family pizza night at over priced, over hyped restaurant with my wife and brat kids…

Just got back from a 4 mile run after unloading stacking and splitting a ric of wood. Love fall and all that comes w it. Now getting ready to have a tasty beverage and watch Halloween Kills
Women want to be with you, and men want to be you..

Hanging with the fam on the beach in Seacrest this weekend. Bought a few pounds of fresh shrimp and some ribeyes for the grill tonight. It was amazing! Just got off the beach with the grand babies hunting crab.
We have a chef coming in for early dinner tomorrow night then watch the VOLS stomp a mud hole in lil Lane’s grove dwellers. 🤞🏻
Life is Good!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
If you're one of those folks who likes to play drinking games like "drink whenever a team scores," a word of advice for tomorrow - don't.

Also, we discussed this in another thread earlier this week but please please please please please please please please Pride of the Southland please play this song tomorrow -

It's best not to poke the bear. Playing that would put us in the same class as Virginia--no class. I still hold animosity toward UVA for their trashy halftime performance in the '91 Sugar Bowl when they ridiculed Elvis as a way to belittle Tennesseans. Totally classless group of elitist sh*theads. After going scoreless in the first half, Andy Kelly ripped their heart out leading the Vols to 20 4Q points to win the game 23-22.

Hanging with the fam on the beach in Seacrest this weekend. Bought a few pounds of fresh shrimp and some ribeyes for the grill tonight. It was amazing! Just got off the beach with the grand babies hunting crab.
We have a chef coming in for early dinner tomorrow night then watch the VOLS stomp a mud hole in lil Lane’s grove dwellers. 🤞🏻
Life is Good!
Are the Royal Red shrimp in season? If you haven't had them, you need to! Just barely cook them though.

Gonna do some skirt steaks tomorrow, at the wife's request.

It's been years since I've been this fired up for a game. The anticipation is killing me. Mrs. HateSteve is getting sick of listening to me talk about it.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back