*****Freak's Friday night before the Georgia game, officially off topic thread

Wife has a wine and canvas event at the VFW this evening, so I'm hanging with the guys at the post as we got the local high school ball game on... they're playing for the sectional title tonight and should win rather easily.

Tomorrow is forecasted rain so probably going to do wings in the air fryer for game time.

Got a few friendly bets with some work folks in Alpharetta GA... can't wait to see them on Teams next week with bright, beautiful, orange backgrounds !!!!

Reactions: Stephen Gray
I live 30 mins south of Athens. Took the family out for dinner and got dirty looks for the flags on the car and at the restaurant cause I'm wearing my tennessee shirt and orange crocs! Pups looking like they know we got them tomorrow and I love it!
Gbo!

I have a community event tomorrow that I can't get out of. Buuuut, I have the DVR set, and I should be done by about 5:30. So, I get home, set up the beverages and watch the game without commercials until I catch up sometime in the 4th quarter. I see it as a win/win. Wife is happy, and I get to watch the Big Orange kick some bulldog ass commercial free.

Big game tomorrow. What with me being an admitted UGA fan 364 days out of the year, I feel like I have a balanced look at this game. I watch UGA. I watch UT. I see what I see.

UGA, when they are dialed in (e.g.- Oregon) can beat any other team in the nation, anywhere, anytime. And when they are not dialed in (e.g.- Mizzou), they can still win an ugly game. UGA is a solid team, period.

UT has gotten better, IMO, as the season has progressed. This team has simply met every challenge they have faced along the way. They haven't always been dominant, but they have been the best team on the field for all 8 games, and that's what champions do. They just win. UT is one of the best teams in CFB, and they earned their ranking.

So now it's UT @ UGA. #1 -vs- #3, or #3 -vs #2, or whatever. Throw the rankings out. This is UT -vs- UGA, and for the first time in a long time, it's for all the marbles in the SEC East. Winner has the inside track to the CFP. Loser will need help from both inside and outside the SEC. There's a path for the winner to miss the CFP, and a path for the loser to get in, but it's always better if you control your own fate, so...Go Vols.

Bowers scares me. Bennett's escapability scares me. UGA's defense is legit. Their kicker is money. That's about it on that side.

On the UT side, I honestly don't know what "it" is...but Hendon Hooker and this offense just seem to have it. Game after game, Hooker and this offense just seems to always make the play when the play has to be made. Credit the OL, the backs, the receivers, the HC, the OC, or whatever...but Hendon Hooker is a generational talent, and Lord knows I'm glad and grateful that he landed at UT. He has been the difference maker this season. It all starts with the QB, and we've got a great one.

And now it would appear that we have a defense. The hints have been there all along. Rushing defense; TFL, QB pressure, etc. But over the last couple of games it has all come together, and this UT defense flat out chicken-choked a decent UK offense. No, they're not Bama, or UGA, but they are decent, and UT held them to one...count it, one...scoring drive.

I have no idea how this one plays out. I picked UT against the spread, and I took UT 37-31 in the pick 'em thread. I could be dead-on, or off by a mile. But there's just something about Coach Heupel, this staff, this QB, and this team that tells me I'm doing the right thing here.

What a great year it has been for UT Football, and a loss to UGA tomorrow will not derail it. We have yet to peak, and we have yet to see what this team can do. I am of the opinion that, come what may...both tomorrow and in the weeks to come...we will look back at the '22 Vols with the same pride that we do the '85 and '98 teams. That's rare air, and we're all breathing it right now. So take a deep breath of it, and enjoy the ride.

Go Vols. Sorry, UGA, it's day 365. I'm back with you next Saturday.

Just me & George...Pre-Gaming on the Porch...

5fc1363b0af8906a290e9e87_George-Dickel-Bottled-In-Bond-Whisky-2020-01a-p-800.jpeg

I'll be watching the game with my 21-year-old son who is a Georgia fan (he was born in GA). As for the past 20 years, he knows if Tennessee loses a spanking's coming.

Bought some snacks and Samuel Adams winter lager for the game. I‘ll be wearing my orange Vols jersey tomorrow. I can’t believe how calm I am for this game cause I was a nervous wreck the day before some of our other games.

VN Store

Back