*****Freak's Friday night before the Georgia game, officially off topic thread

Going to a bourbon tasting at a friend's place tonite.

I swore I was not going to return to my 90's obsession with Tennessee football. I used to go into week long depression cycles when they lost.

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in. I figure I will actually miss the game because my wife will have shot me with a tranquilizer gun by 2:00 tomorrow.

Tonight my hubby and I watched the last 50 seconds of the bama game for the 20th time 😅 and now watching some Netflix but actually just reading the different threads on here lol. Tomorrow making Queso dip, chips and guacamole, wings, and we’ll watch the game in our basement bar with the kids drinking beer and Tito’s with club soda and lime, my favorite! My daughter is bringing her fiancé who is a big Ohio state but he’s becoming a Vol fan so he’s not all bad lol. Tomorrow I’ll be up early, watch gameday, read more game analysis and then watch some of Ohio state NW game while I’m cooking for THE game…. Vols win in a close one, 9-0 baby!!

I swore I was not going to return to my 90's obsession with Tennessee football. I used to go into week long depression cycles when they lost.

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in. I figure I will actually miss the game because my wife will have shot me with a tranquilizer gun by 2:00 tomorrow.
Love the VP-9 P3 avatar. VP-11 Vol here. GBO

Reactions: WBO
Per my usual game day ritual I’ll be cranking up the grill, ribeyes are in marinade as of about an hour ago also made a garlic compound butter that is now hardening up in the fridge. Twice baked potatoes will go slow an low for 3 1/2 hours and steaks will go on about 3 too a good medium rare,in front of the projector ready to show the game in the man cave. GBO

Welp my six year old son wanted to start decorating for Christmas tonight.

Twas the night before GameDay
and all through the town
not a doggie felt ready
For the Vawls to come down

Reactions: Kristy*
Watched a creepy horror movie with my wife and younger daughter. Wasn’t bad and chewed up a couple hours.

Rented a private room for FIL and BIL birthday party then came home and chilling. Will go to baseball pancake breakfast in the morning then come home to watch our OL make some pancakes of their own.

My old high school has never won a playoff football game in the schools history. Got probably one of our best chances tonight, so heading that way in a little bit and hope to see them pull it off. Wife is in a wedding tomorrow, so I’ll be watching the game with my brother in-law.
And for the first time in my alma maters history they get to line up in the victory formation in a playoff game. Against a team not too far removed from a state title at that.

I live 30 mins south of Athens. Took the family out for dinner and got dirty looks for the flags on the car and at the restaurant cause I'm wearing my tennessee shirt and orange crocs! Pups looking like they know we got them tomorrow and I love it!
Gbo!
I'm about 45 minutes north, we got them surrounded 👀

Reactions: StarRaider

6zl8l7.jpg

Reactions: DMichel123
The same thing I’ve done for the last 3 weeks. Hanging out with the grand babies and watching the Vols kick @$$…in my lucky T. Everything else is just fodder.
Only difference this week is the grandkids parents are going to the puppy pad for the game. Thinking I should be gettin paid for this one.

Menu tomorrow is baked ham and Swiss on sweet Hawaiian rolls with a (French’s) mustard sauce, homemade queso and brussel sprouts salad. Got a family of vol fans and another of ga fans coming over. I hope we win by 3 TD’s cuz we’re heading to Mexico for the week on Sunday with the uga family and if I have to hear him barking I’m gonna have to drown him in the ocean. Go Vols!

Will be watching the game from the comfort of my recliner. Snacks I'm providing during the game are mini corn dawgs with French's mustard. I don't know what anyone else is bringing. I just put a couple of bottles of champagne in the fridge to drink tomorrow evening after we beat the dawgs! If it's like the Florida and Bama game, we'll probably forget to eat dinner. lol

Reactions: orangepenez
Was raised to do my own yard work and my home has multiple 120+ year old hardwood trees on it, so I spend part of every weekend blowing leaves. It actually helps to take the pregame edge off.

Then I'm thinking of finding out where volnation09 lives. Ribeyes sound awfully good.

VN Store

Back