*****Freak's Friday Night Before Kentucky Admittedly Off-Topic Thread

C
no I'm from speedwell , close to the Cumberland gap , I was referring to the chain rock that over looks Pineville KY
The big city of speedwell! Man, that whole road to lafallotte was always a curse to me. I would always get behind someone driving 45mph, and they'd go the whole way😄

Just got back in from NYC. Spent a couple of days in NYC's Chinatown on business. Had great food at Food Network's Alex's restaurant Butter. Then ate at Shanghai 21 a very good and reasonable Chinese food restaurant in the heart of Chinatown. You've not had General Tso's c hicken, dumplings, or twice fried beef until you've had it from there. Twice as flavorful as the average strip mall place here in the South. Rdady for some Big Orange to blot out the big blue tomorrow. GBO!! Feed the big dog, get the ball to our playmakers like JJ, Calloway, and Chandler.

My wife is taking it pretty hard. It's a helpless feeling not knowing how to make her feel better
It is man. Philippians chapter4, talks about a peace that God can give that passes our understanding. If you get a chance look at it. She's your wife, can't even put in words how it hurts you when they hurt.

I despise Memphis basketball. That is all for now.

Oh, and I approve of the orange pants.
😲. Maybe you were in the crowd on Cumberland walking to a Vols NIT game in ‘85 when I was in a hotel on about the fifth floor watching Memphis State beat Oklahoma in the NCAAs to go to the Final Four. I opened the window and shouted down Memphis State is in the Final Four. Got some mean mugs. 🤣

Last edited:
The closer we get to the game the more I feel like we may just beat the brakes off them.

Usually make a food post in this thread on Friday nights, if any of y’all haven’t eaten the naked wings with the thunder road sauce at Smoky Mountain Brewery, I’d highly recommend it. It’s phenomenal.

If anyone could offer up some prayers for me and my wife, it would be greatly appreciated. We found out she had a miscarriage today

Prayers sent. It's a tough thing to go through. I can tell you what helped me and hope it helps you....... ... ... . I now have a daughter that is being held by 2 grandmother's and they are probably telling her all about me. A grandfather that is teaching her to read a tape measure weather she is interested or not. I can't wait to meet her. After I found some peace I think I was able to give my wife some peace with it. I am relieved now that I have a daughter that is in good hands until I can meet her.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back