*****Freak's Friday Night Before Kentucky Admittedly Off-Topic Thread

You have two daughters that swim, right? Brings back memories. I spent my elementary and early middle school years in Knoxville. Swam for Crestwood Hills in summers and the YMCA during the rest of the year (I’m old this was well before swim clubs were common). Moved to MD and swam in high school. My son also swam for his high school here in AZ. Great sport and keeps you in shape. What strokes do your daughters swim? What are their favorites? Who do they swim for?
Yep, they're both on 2 teams. The rec team, and the school team, my youngest just started school swim this year. Hurricanes is the rec team, and Habersham high school in Georgia is the school. It's tge high school team, but only middle school swim against other middle schools. My 14 year is a freshman, but got invited to swim with tge high school squad twice last year, this year that's what she swims with. They both like free and breast the best, but my 14 year old is really liking the butterfly lately. They both do pretty good in back, but hate it😄. Older one has made state 3 years in a row for the rec team, but 6th was her best finish.

You have two daughters that swim, right? Brings back memories. I spent my elementary and early middle school years in Knoxville. Swam for Crestwood Hills in summers and the YMCA during the rest of the year (I’m old this was well before swim clubs were common). Moved to MD and swam in high school. My son also swam for his high school here in AZ. Great sport and keeps you in shape. What strokes do your daughters swim? What are their favorites? Who do they swim for?
I swam for U.T.s Faculty Club from like 7 or 8 until 16 when we moved to Ohio. Loved the swim meets. Especially the big city one with all the teams.

The main thing that’s on my mind on this Volunteer Eve is 5-5 vs 4-6.

One or the other is going to happen and there is a major distinction between the two imo

I swam for U.T.s Faculty Club from like 7 or 8 until 16 when we moved to Ohio. Loved the swim meets. Especially the big city one with all the teams.
We have a big aquatic/rec center. Some meets will fill the place, you can't hardly walk through it. I'm a timer a lot, and it makes for a long day when there's a big meet.

Had a craving for Not Taco Bell tacos the other day. Hunted and gathered up all the ingredients today and had pretty great tacos for dinner. Not special or authentic, but pretty great. Also had a hankering for margaritas to go with them. Got all the necessary ingredients for those, too. Excellent. Have laid in snacks, beer and bourbon for tomorrow. Hoping provisions last through the Alabama v. LSU game, and/or that we at least have time for a nap before the main event at 7:30pm when the Vols commence whipping some Wildcat butt. Go Vols!

Some good friends of ours here who are swim parents as well, the wife is half Indian, and from Kentucky. Her mom is full, dad was white. My grandpa on mom's side was Indian. I say that to explain this. The wife is a huge Ky fan, so on Facebook I told her we might be cousins, but I hope she cries Saturday. Then I said I forgot about the Indian thing, so technically we're double cousins. Her mom saw it, and was asking how we were related😄. She apparently didn't know the everyone is kin jokes😂

Last edited:
Wonder what time the “vol walk” will be? Last time I went there was a pretty good crowd there to welcome them.

Some good friends of ours here who ate swim parents as well, the wife is half Indian, and from Kentucky. Her mom is full, dad was white. My grandpa on mom's side was Indian. I say that to explain this. The wife is a huge Ky fan, so on Facebook I told her we might be cousins, but I hope she cries Saturday. Then I said I forgot about the Indian thing, so technically we're double cousins. Her mom saw it, and was asking how we were related😄. She apparently didn't know the everyone is kin jokes😂

They are cannibals?

Some good friends of ours here who are swim parents as well, the wife is half Indian, and from Kentucky. Her mom is full, dad was white. My grandpa on mom's side was Indian. I say that to explain this. The wife is a huge Ky fan, so on Facebook I told her we might be cousins, but I hope she cries Saturday. Then I said I forgot about the Indian thing, so technically we're double cousins. Her mom saw it, and was asking how we were related😄. She apparently didn't know the everyone is kin jokes😂
Hahahaha , good luck on the kiddos swim meet tomorrow , my mom is 1/4 Indian herself and Living down the valley here. I'm probably her cousin as well !!

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back