Franklin to Penn State Rumor

joshc

CONTRA MUNDUM
I know it is just a rumor going around, along with a bunch of other rumors, but wouldn't that be sweet. You gotta think Kiffin II (I mean Franklin) will follow his mentor's example at some point and leave for some "dream job". If there was any truth to the PSU rumor, then that great Vandy "wonder class" and all the swag would collapse like a deck of cards.

joshc

CONTRA MUNDUM
Again, this is just a rumor, so I don't have a credible source. I'm just taking a moment to imagine how great that would be amongst all our turmoil. A little comic relief would be nice.
But, I didn't just make it up, I follow TN Sports Radio on twitter and the tweet was: "Latest Rumor: James Franklin to Penn State...Dan Mullen also rumored to be in line for that job"
Again, I did put rumor in thread title.

ChattaTNVol

Many around college football believe that Penn State will stay away from candidates with Paterno ties, but that may not be the case in the end. Interim coach Tom Bradley will get consideration, as will several coaches with PSU or state of Pennsylvania connections such as Rutgers’ Greg Schiano, Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen and Vanderbilt’s James Franklin. Other top candidates will include Virginia’s Mike London, Iowa State’s Paul Rhoads, Houston’s Kevin Sumlin and Iowa’s Kirk Ferentz.
Dan Mullen Leads Coaching Candidates at Penn State | AthlonSports.com

UGA insider

I always thought Schiano would be the next coach after Patterno left. That was before this whole mess went down. It will be interesting to see if Schiano is still interested.

Ulysees E. McGill

Chargervol is my homeboy
If ever a coaching job was toxic this is it. Almost feel sorry for who ever takes this opening.
Unless it's Franklin. I will never feel sorry for that POS. I hope he doesn't go there, because I can't wait to take a full team to Candyland next year and curb stomp his freakin brains out. And the next year and the next year and the next year........:rock:

dreVol

He probably started the rumor himself to squeeze more money out of Vandy. I bet that Clay Travis talks about the Franklin to PSU rumor this afternoon and concludes by saying PSU would be stupid not to hire Franklin.

Calculon

Just like Kiffin... It would be awesome if he waited until late January too.
Program-killing events only happen to UT. Penn State can support the raping of little boys and they won't miss a beat if they hire the right coach. Vanderbilt will be just good enough to be annoying for a couple of years.

supersmo18

#1 Orange-Lister
I hope Franklin is at Candy next year. That way, it'll be even sweeter when we hang 50 on them next year. I want his bald arse to be around to enjoy that.

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
I dont see it. Too much crap going down. At Vandy he makes a couple bowls in a row and they will name their junior college football stadium after him!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:

VN Store

Sponsors