Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl: Purdue (6-6) vs Auburn (7-5) (1:30 ET, ESPN)

But here is what is really obvious to me at least from my eye discipline...
Auburns OL are way bigger and better than Purdues DL and it aint close.
AU has speed at RB that nobody in Purdues secondary can touch.
Purdue is a good Big 10 team but big difference between the Mid tier SEC and mid tier B10

It’s up to Purdue to stop them and there is an entire half of football left, you score as many points as you possibly can.

Purdue players should be a little more classy and not try and start fights after the legally get lit up.
I despise Auburn, but I agree.

Unless it's Alabama. They don't win every game, but they are evidently immune to "not showing up."

What's interesting about this game is that if you told me one of these teams wasn't going to show up, I'd guess Auburn all day over Purdue. Auburn had a pretty disappointing season; Purdue had a good season by their standards including a blowout win over Ohio St and I figured would be more likely to take the Music City Bowl seriously. Purdue has only been to 4 bowl games this decade; Auburn has guys on this team who have played in NY6 bowls.
That's the thing I haven't seen them not show up meaning lack of effort they have just been dominated physically IMHO.

But here is what is really obvious to me at least from my eye discipline...
Auburns OL are way bigger and better than Purdues DL and it aint close.
AU has speed at RB that nobody in Purdues secondary can touch.
Purdue is a good Big 10 team but big difference between the Mid tier SEC and mid tier B10
This is my thought also. I didn't have time to type it all out.

That's the thing I haven't seen them not show up meaning lack of effort they have just been dominated physically IMHO.
I've never seen Alabama dominated physically in a game since Saban's first year. When they get beat, it is almost always because another great team and usually a great individual player simply outplayed them that day. It isn't a kind of loss to be ashamed of or embarrassed about.

A couple of Sugar Bowls they showed up to disinterested - those losses to Utah and Oklahoma - but they weren't blown out or physically dominated in them.

I've never seen Alabama dominated physically in a game since Saban's first year. When they get beat, it is almost always because another great team and usually a great individual player simply outplayed them that day. It isn't a kind of loss to be ashamed of or embarrassed about.

A couple of Sugar Bowls they showed up to disinterested - those losses to Utah and Oklahoma - but they weren't blown out or physically dominated in them.
Sorry I think you misunderstood or I did what you were saying. I was saying I didn't see Purdue "giving up" just being manhandled by AU.

Reactions: 05_never_again

I think the only time I have seen Bama just physically dominated was in 2014 against Ohio State.

I think the only time I have seen Bama just physically dominated was in 2014 against Ohio State.
That's probably the only game where you could make an argument that they were, yeah. Zeke ran all over their defense. It seems like it quite often takes some tremendous player to beat them though - Elliott, Manziel, Watson, etc.

WTF is wrong in the universe? Worldwide cataclysm?
We beat AU
Purdue Stomped OSU
Purdue is getting curb stomped by a team our 5-7 Vols made look very bad. That same team beat top 10 Washington and top 20 TA&M teams and had a 1 pt loss to 11 LSU?
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on around here?
We were fortunate

That's probably the only game where you could make an argument that they were, yeah. Zeke ran all over their defense. It seems like it quite often takes some tremendous player to beat them though - Elliott, Manziel, Watson, etc.

Yeah it seems like there is only a few ways to beat Bama. It either takes an exceptional performance by an all time great player or or Bama being totally uninterested or for them to self implode like against Ole Miss. its virtually impossible to just line up and beat Alabama physically.

Even then, if Kiffin would’ve run off left tackle with Henry Bama would’ve runaway with that game. Kiffin is a very good offensive mind, but he lost that game that night by getting too cute throwing the ball.

Even then, if Kiffin would’ve run off left tackle with Henry Bama would’ve runaway with that game. Kiffin is a very good offensive mind, but he lost that game that night by getting too cute throwing the ball.

I dont know about that. Bamas defense couldnt stop Zeke.

Also true.

It also has been said though, accurately I think, that offense wasn't their problem that night. They scored 35 points. The defense allowing 35 (7 of the 42 points was a pick 6) and allowing 281 rushing yards is why they lost that game. With a defense like Alabama thought they had, 35 points should have been enough to beat anybody.

Ultimately it was big plays that beat them in that game - they allowed a 47-yard TD pass, a pick 6, and an 85-yard TD run. Very unlike them. All in the second half too.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
WTF is wrong in the universe? Worldwide cataclysm?
We beat AU
Purdue Stomped OSU
Purdue is getting curb stomped by a team our 5-7 Vols made look very bad. That same team beat top 10 Washington and top 20 TA&M teams and had a 1 pt loss to 11 LSU?
What in the wide wide world of sports is going on around here?

We just upset them; it happens.

VN Store

Back