Frank Solich

Ohio coach Frank Solich, the winningest in MAC history, retires after 16 seasons amid health concerns. Good coach and seems like a good guy. I didn’t realize he was nearly 80 now. I also don’t think he got the respect he should’ve got from the Nebraska fans it’s never easy to be the guy that follows a legend.

Same thing happened with Perkins and Curry four decades ago when they came behind a legend. I will always remember the Nebraska AD providing the reason for firing Solich as he didn't "want the program to fall into mediocracy".

No. He’s probably not. But I sure hope you busily update your material.
Signed,
A poster who was so over Fulmer he didn’t even want him as AD
Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfeld-Quote.gif

Same thing happened with Perkins and Curry four decades ago when they came behind a legend. I will always remember the Nebraska AD providing the reason for firing Solich as he didn't "want the program to fall into mediocracy".
Good thing they got out in front of that one.

In all seriousness, I look at Solich as one of the good guys in coaching, kind of like a Larry Coker.

Reactions: BUBear
Should've never been fired at Nebraska. Good coach; just not Tom Osborne.

80s / 90s Nebraska under Osborne gave people unrealistic expectations there. It's very difficult to recruit to Lincoln, NE. You have to find ways to outcompete other teams with lesser talent, which isn't easy.

Reactions: VolNash17
Should've never been fired at Nebraska. Good coach; just not Tom Osborne.

80s / 90s Nebraska under Osborne gave people unrealistic expectations there. It's very difficult to recruit to Lincoln, NE. You have to find ways to outcompete other teams with lesser talent, which isn't easy.
PED testing greatly improved after the 90s

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back