Fran Fraschilla's Comments on ESPN College Game Night

Heebs

In Fran's top 5 Conferences, he lists the SEC as Number 1, then goes on to say, "If you look at their teams they've got Alabama, TENNESSEE, and Florida, three tams that can go a long way in the NCAA tournament. Also, LSU."

Just thought it was good to hear UT getting some love from ESPN, regardless of the sport. It also doesn't hurt to be mentioned in front of UF and LSU. Begs the question, Why are we only 25th?

I'm getting to go to the Florida game this year, I'm excited.....It's nice to finally get some respect in basketball, other than on the women's side of the sport

I could care less where we're ranked.

Agreed. If you're ranked #1, or if you stay ranked for a long time, it's good for recruiting and for morale (even if it's short-term, saying you were ranked #1 at one point in time is pretty strong).

But if you're floating between 15 and 30, say, it actually can help to be underestimated/underappreciated/undervalued - players, fans, coaches can use that lack of respect as motivation.

Agreed. If you're ranked #1, or if you stay ranked for a long time, it's good for recruiting and for morale (even if it's short-term, saying you were ranked #1 at one point in time is pretty strong).

But if you're floating between 15 and 30, say, it actually can help to be underestimated/underappreciated/undervalued - players, fans, coaches can use that lack of respect as motivation.

Exactly. There's nothing I like more than someone doubting me or my team and showing them whats up.

i love hearing UT talked about in basketball, and its not about us hiring a new coach. I remember how the JP announcers used to suck up to Buzz for taking us to two N.I.T.s because no one thought we could do better...then Pearl came on campus.

i love hearing UT talked about in basketball, and its not about us hiring a new coach. I remember how the JP announcers used to suck up to Buzz for taking us to two N.I.T.s because no one thought we could do better...then Pearl came on campus.
That's because JP employs idiots.

Does there need to be criticism for every thread? It was mostly so we could get excited for our Basketball team and their effort as opposed to the football team.

VN Store

Back