Fracas At Neyland Makes ESPN Front Page

Sorry we don’t live up to your high moral standards. Throwing water bottles is tantamount to Jan. 6th for internet attention seeking evangelicals like you. And that’s really dumb.
Yea, I'm sorry too! Sorry you wasn't taught that throwing trash and beer on people is not acceptable behavior for adults. Didn't realize they handed out awards for internet attention. It's funny you're mad at me like I want attention and you condone throwing trash on the field and the only thing it can accomplish is getting attention.. you're clueless dude and I'm done with you! ✌️

The real clown show from the media's side will be the older sports personalities acting all shocked as if they've never before seen anything like tonight. The SEC was a very hostile place once upon a time, before all the TV money and pacified it. Road trips used to be REALLY serious affairs. But now with all this money pacifying the sport, people want the look but not the bite. ESPN wants all the passion and the energy of "It just means more," but only in acceptable-for-television corporate doses which they can control. "My goodness," they will cluck, "this is an unprecedented display of bad behavior." Please. Dial it back forty years and check the history books. I know a few stories. Many of us do. Go ask Reggie White about the oranges. I'm not saying I condone throwing crap, and I definitely think in this modern climate that sort of display creates challenges for the program's image and reputation, but to act as if this is some sort of new phenomenon or something isolated to Tennessee alone is to ignore the very real and very adversarial history of the SEC.

Same with NASCAR.

Y'all are sad man! We're the laughing stock of college football and I'm the one with the problem. All of America sees it but y'all, and I need counseling?? LMAO
What’s this “we” you speak of? I didn’t throw anything, but I also don’t care what other fan bases or bleeding heart sportswriters think. Some frustrated fans got pissed off and threw some stuff…. It’s not the end of the world and not the first time it’s ever happened.

Reactions: zydane47
ESPN long ago stopped being mainly about reporting sports, and more about trying to shape society to reflect what their parent company thinks it should be.

For the past ten years, Tennessee has excelled all others in looking absolutely inept in athletics. Now, it's succeeded in making itself look like a collection of low-rent trash.

ESPN long ago stopped being mainly about reporting sports, and more about trying to shape society to reflect what their parent company thinks it should be.

I hate what happen, but I don't care what the Disney mouse thinks about it either.

I agree that Tennessee is not alone in this.

But, tell me the college football games that were delayed for 20 minutes due to fan behavior and I'll hang up and listen. I've never seen it.

maybe don’t try to change my statement.

“Anything” like this……….isn’t the same as “exactly” like this.

You know this…….however it wouldn’t allow you to make the statement.

Also if your trying to “dispute” my statement it might be better to actually “dispute” than to simply say “I haven’t seen it”…….and try to pass “that” off as fact.

I don’t “know” if there have been or not…….however I’m confident this has been done probably several times before.

I’ve seen this happen in basketball games, and in pro football games…….hence MY statement of “never seen ANYTHING like this before”.

Cas Walker always said I don't care what you say about me as long as you are talking about me, Tennessee will not be written about for any 12 win seasons anytime soon, so our free media is what it is, but with 102,000 +/-, a few pissed off drunks and out of control college kids will show up from time to time, a few highly overpaid administrative boobs need to get used to it or learn to stand up for the program and demand a level playing field with the conference

Last edited:
This is on the Fox News website (bold for emphasis):

"With 54 seconds left, Tennessee fans reacted to a bad spot of the football by throwing trash onto the field. Kiffin was pelted with a golf ball while water bottles and even mustard littered the sidelines."

So even they could see it was a bad spot.

Wow. ESPN takes an opportunity to pee on Tennessee? I’m shocked. Shocked beyond belief.

Herbstreit will use this as a segue to another Schiano defense piece, Fowler will call us trailer trash, and the beat goes on and on......
ESPN. Ridiculous how much they pile on us.
If the fans didn't throw things, ESPN would have found some other way to slam UT. They always do.

Meh, this will be forgotten as soon as the next sports scandal happens. It's the way of 24 hour news cycles now.

VN Store

Back