Fracas At Neyland Makes ESPN Front Page

Does anybody really think the shi**y calls will get better this week?

Go ahead and get ready, the guys in Birmingham are going to make sure next week isn’t any better.

261445p_01.jpg

Nice. We can become the Villainteers. I like it.

Reactions: CornDontGrow
Wow. ESPN takes an opportunity to pee on Tennessee? I’m shocked. Shocked beyond belief.
Post of the year!!!! He gets it.
Herbstreit will use this as a segue to another Schiano defense piece, Fowler will call us trailer trash, and the beat goes on and on......

ESPN. Ridiculous how much they pile on us.

I think it'll be worse because of the Schiano stuff. That'll get drug back out as our fanbase get eviscerated in the media again.
Oh no. The same media acting like Urban Meyer is a saint that surrounds himself with the Godliest of men might disparage us. Please no.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
It was stupid and a bad look.. That said, f*** ESPN and what that woke crowd of SJWs think.

The real clown show from the media's side will be the older sports personalities acting all shocked as if they've never before seen anything like tonight. The SEC was a very hostile place once upon a time, before all the TV money and pacified it. Road trips used to be REALLY serious affairs. But now with all this money pacifying the sport, people want the look but not the bite. ESPN wants all the passion and the energy of "It just means more," but only in acceptable-for-television corporate doses which they can control. "My goodness," they will cluck, "this is an unprecedented display of bad behavior." Please. Dial it back forty years and check the history books. I know a few stories. Many of us do. Go ask Reggie White about the oranges. I'm not saying I condone throwing crap, and I definitely think in this modern climate that sort of display creates challenges for the program's image and reputation, but to act as if this is some sort of new phenomenon or something isolated to Tennessee alone is to ignore the very real and very adversarial history of the SEC.
Just a little while ago Ole Miss fans did the same exact thing to us at a basketball game now all of sudden we're trash smh.

Reactions: NC_Vol64
I hope you're right. But the media firestorm that's coming will make us an appealing target for an organization that's afraid it's about to lose relevance.
Then maybe we should just ignore them.. Seems to work well for other programs.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
It was a bad look, and it was totally unacceptable for folks to do.

however the folks at ESPN/SEC network were acting like they had never seen anything like this in their life.

I’ve seen it a ton…….doesn’t make it acceptable……but it certainly isn’t like some “Tennessee only” anomaly.

I agree that Tennessee is not alone in this.

But, tell me the college football games that were delayed for 20 minutes due to fan behavior and I'll hang up and listen. I've never seen it.

Reactions: strongj81
I don’t condone what happened. But attention is attention in sports. With some exceptions of course.

It was a bad look, and it was totally unacceptable for folks to do.

however the folks at ESPN/SEC network were acting like they had never seen anything like this in their life.

I’ve seen it a ton…….doesn’t make it acceptable……but it certainly isn’t like some “Tennessee only” anomaly.
Exactly! Yet there are countless marshmallows on here acting like someone was murdered

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back