Four game suspension for Vitello

What, exactly, instigated the whole thing. I've yet to see/hear what drew the ire of both coaches.

And why is Anderson suspended, at all? He didn't hardly do enough, visibly, to warrant an ejection, let alone a suspension.

What I heard the batter that hit Dollander, had illegally stepped out of the Box & should have been out and the Dollander thing wouldn’t have happened if not for inept Ump the inning would had been over.

What, exactly, instigated the whole thing. I've yet to see/hear what drew the ire of both coaches.

And why is Anderson suspended, at all? He didn't hardly do enough, visibly, to warrant an ejection, let alone a suspension.
My thoughts as well. I get Tony’s but Frank??

Reactions: cncchris33
It happened and he got 4 games but i hope it brings to light the joke of an ump that stirred it all up. There is one replay of the full situation that shows the ump making contact with Anderson before he got thrown out, how about his suspension?

Seems a tad excessive, IMO. 2 or 3 okay. 4 seems a little much when there is absolutely ZERO consequence for the clown who instigated the entire thing.

It is long past time for officials to answer for their poor behavior. There is too much money in sports these days for officials to be “above the law”.
I totally agree with this in ALL SPORTS AT ALL LEVELS! It’s ridiculous! I encourage everyone to let the leagues know lack of accountability must change!!! UT and CTV should appeal, the evidence is overwhelmingly clear!

Seems a tad excessive, IMO. 2 or 3 okay. 4 seems a little much when there is absolutely ZERO consequence for the clown who instigated the entire thing.

It is long past time for officials to answer for their poor behavior. There is too much money in sports these days for officials to be “above the law”.

I umpired for many years. Little league through high school and other age groups up to college. I had my run ins at all levels (the worse being LL) was called "names' by fans who were friends. Had several run ins with coaches. YOU JUST CAN'T ARGUE WITH COACHES! YOU MUST IGNORE FANS. As an ump I tried to help players understand a call I made and how to keep it from happening again with out embarrassing the guy. If I had the chance after the inning and could do it with reason, I would speak with his coach and further explain the call or ruling. Once the participances get to know you things most of the time will work out. But not always. I once had to call a forfeit in a high school game conference tourney game because a coach would not send his team to the field. (his players begged him to let them play). He got a suspension for the remainder of the season and into his coaching for the upcoming fall football season. (don't remember the number of games) As an ump you have to understand the frame of mind of those involved by the situation and back out of confrontation if at all possible.

What I heard the batter that hit Dollander, had illegally stepped out of the Box & should have been out and the Dollander thing wouldn’t have happened if not for inept Ump the inning would had been over.

Wrong batter. The ump didn’t grant the previous batters request for time but the pitch was low anyway. Then the batter struck out on the next pitch. The 1st pitch to the next batter is when the injury happened. I hope it’s just a bruise but sure he is out a week or two.

Bro that’s 100’percent on the money !

Everyone knows that you can't touch an umpire. This is consistent for that infraction. It may be excessive, but it sends a strong message to everyone.

Everyone knows that you can't touch an umpire. This is consistent for that infraction. It may be excessive, but it sends a strong message to everyone.

I have much less of an issue with the suspension than I do with the fact of zero consequences for officials. Across all sports. I’m just tired of there being no accountability for officials.

Because bench coaches aren’t supposed to come on the playing field, an ejection equals one game suspension.

The 3rd base “ump” is who threw out Anderson but it isn’t clear why? Probably something Anderson said. That justifiably made CTV mad and then he got thrown out. That ump was behind the plate for the 1st game and has a terrible strike zone especially on the low side. I think he was the same ump from last years loss to Texas in the CWS but I have to look that up. There is a history with this jerk.

The Umpire orchestrated the entire situation and then exaggerated the contact with Tony. They knew how pissed we were about Chase being hurt and used it as a chance to bait Tony and Frank. That Ump deserves a suspension more than anyone

Reactions: djohnnyg
I have much less of an issue with the suspension than I do with the fact of zero consequences for officials. Across all sports. I’m just tired of there being no accountability for officials.
It may be a stretch, but Tony may have done this on purpose just to fire the team up. It seems like the guys have become complacent with their gaudy record and Tony just got their focus back. If he did, that's a risky move but it seems to have paid off so far.

TV deserves the punishment. Period. The umps behavior during the two nights should also have the appropriate punishment and we will now see what AD White is made of. It is now his job to make it clear to SEC that the ump must be punished for his incompetent abilities exhibited over two nights and the way he escalated the situation.

They definitely need to try and get him banned from calling our games. It’s personal, now.

Clearly it is personal for the ump. It's what the administration at Arkansas had to do when Marc Curles got to assigned to their football games: publicly complain.

A decade of weak kneed administrators like Fulmer, Hamilton, and Hart is why we continously get stuck with biased officials like Curles, this ump, and Anthony Jordan.

Reactions: skclark
Because bench coaches aren’t supposed to come on the playing field, an ejection equals one game suspension.
Ok, I read he was ok to come on the field to check on Dollander but it was because he went on to argue their non call, that it’s an ejection/suspension

It comes from the NCAA so it has nothing to do with the number of games per year or with the pros. Just want to see us file a complaint against that Ump.

I know where the suspension came from. My response was to someone who compared the suspension to what occurs in MLB. And as I said - there is no comparison.

Reactions: Vol4life2
The Umpire orchestrated the entire situation and then exaggerated the contact with Tony. They knew how pissed we were about Chase being hurt and used it as a chance to bait Tony and Frank. That Ump deserves a suspension more than anyone
I’d like to spit some Beachnut in that Dude’s eye.,,,

VN Store

Back