Forum Name and Avatar

HoopsFan = I will watch games at all levels. Coached girl’s high school and assistant at a D3 college. Was a commissioner of a junior NBA league for 5 years (age 4-18). Husband coaches girl’s AAU so in gym quite a bit watching games. Attend both Men and Women’s College games as well as sprinkling of NBA games.

"gule" is a name a former work mate gave me back in 1984. It stayed with me till I left the company in 1997. Good times! We had a crew of about 20 guys working out of Knoxville going all over the country doing environmental cleanups(Superfund). Made a small fortune at it... :) I'd love to do it all over again. Hard work but honest work.

At the time I signed on, I enjoyed the occasional cigar. Must have had one in my hand at the time.

Reactions: Momto2
I am a huge Louis L'amour fan. He is famous for many of his novels (movies based on his novels) but especially for western/frontier novels. Of those, he is most famous of the series about the "Sackett family". A family that was among the early settlers in the mountains of East TN. My heritage is very much like the fictional Sackett family. Many of my friends call me Sackett.
My profile pic is from the movie 'The Sacketts' starring Sam Elliott as Tell Sackett, Tom Selleck as Orrin Sackett, Jeff Osterhage as Tyrel Sackett.

gfan = I'm a fan of the game. :D

My high school head football coach was the same guy that was Coach Fulmer's head coach (Walter Bouldin, aka "Moose" at Franklin County). He was known as a "3 yards and cloud of dust" type of offensive coach. "Hey diddle, diddle...run it up the middle." Coach Fulmer had a lot of success as an OC by establishing the run along with play-action. So, OffTackleVol is my take.

In Atlanta in 2009 I was approached by a former NBA player who's daughter wanted to play for our org. She was already playing for another org, and the team I had had been together for weeks. While standing with one of my assistants, I told the NBA player "I don't take jumpers...if she wants to play for me next year I would be happy to have her."
The assistant (a little later) looked at me and smiled and said, "Coach Jumper"
The name was born

The avatar represents old smokey (notice the eyes)
View attachment 268494

The Custom title: "That stare" is in reference to Pat Summitt

I LOVE to Fly Fish.........so, FlyFishnVol was born out of two things I love.........UT Sports and Fly Fishing.......my next step is moving back to Tennessee to complete a 42 year trek in 2020. Go Vols!

Chip is my nickname but logging in was told the name was in use so I used a name a fellow construction worker called me Chippo.

VN Store

Back