Forum Name and Avatar

Born in Kingsport, grew up in Church Hill. My parents divorced and when Mom remarried, my stepfather got transferred to Lexington. Did my high school years here. Heck, I'm even a UK grad. Married a North Carolina girl I met in Grad school. Started a business and raising a family, ...so I'm stuck here, figuratively...However, it is in my will that I'm to be buried with my family in Tennessee...

By the way, "stuck in KY" sounds like something that's not supposed to happen a couple different ways.

That's right! He did play that part to the hilt as a self-centered, sleazy, cruel creep. Hope to see it again soon.:cool:

The TN is for the greatest state on GOD'S green earth. I was also blessed to be born and raised around Knoxville, with a loving family that were all die hard Vol fans. POSSUM is for Country Music Legend, George Jones and the mascot of a high school rec league baseball team I was on.

The avi is for "The Voice" John Ward and his long time color commentator Bill Anderson, 2 of my all time favorite VFLs and a huge part of my favorite Vol memories. I cried when both of them passed away. RIP fellas.

*The tag line has been recently changed to let y'all know that the VOLS are back. It's been a long 12 years, give or take, but it's finally over.

GBO

Last edited:
When I was in the navy one of the shops I was in was the Distribution Shop, and was known as Distro for short. Iā€™ve never been able to settle on an avi.

Mine was taken from a mural of a very very good restaurant called Soto's just north of Nogales AZ. The man is reaching for the woman's backside while she is lifting his wallet. This mural was the stimulus for many philosophical discussions about the various aspects of man's eternal search for love and woman's eternal need for security. I prefer to view it as a search for supple firmness counterbalanced by a need for dinero y el profilactico but I recognize that art appreciation is subjective. I was presented with a nicely framed picture of this by the local team which hangs in my office. Good times indeed! If I could set my avy to music, it would be "On the Border" by the Eagles.

Unfortunately Soto's was destroyed by fire a few years back.

SpringBokVol: Two Parts

SpringBok because I am from South Africa and that is the National Team.

Vol - because I am a Vol

The image was from a media guide - of which I have produced many from my time in the AD at UT.

I have always wondered if you had a tie to South Africa.

Name is associated with motorcycles and the avi is a silly depiction of how itā€™s felt to have been watching Vols football over the past decade or so.šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: joevol33
Incoming tldr.

My name comes from a UT game during the Dooley years when I was a student. I think 2010, it was Bama. I grew up a Bama fan, most of my family are Bama fans so I hated UT growing up. Ended up going to UT because it was the only place I could afford to go with my degree. Decided I would give the place an honest try. Took all of two nights to realize everything i was told bad about UT was wrong or applied to everywhere. So I was giving the school a chance but figured i could still cheer for Bama. That changed fast. Fell in love with football hearing my first "woo" in Neyland. It changed my religion so to speak. I had been to a couple Bama games there and it had nothing on that "woo". And it was just a opening game against a smaller school, stadium wasnt full and I was in the upper deck.

Still hands down beat any Bama experience I ever had. So now I have a particular hatred of Bama being a convert. Anyway, this was a Dooley game, so close at half blown out in the second. But me and my friends were in the front row and we were giving the Bama bench the business. Not much cursing from us, I had more original comments. Anyway ESPN or cbs or whoever had to come out and move the mics in front of us. We asked why, guy eventually told us "Theres this one person we keep picking up over the crowd, he's louder, just louder, than everyone else". It was me, he even was able quote and laugh some of the stuff I said. I am quiet loud at games an usually get people turn around to look at me if I get going.

So anyway the name stuck. Avi is a cornhole board my friend made.

Last edited:
My name comes from me being 6th generation out of the mountains of east TN and all the family traditions that come with that. The song Copperhead Road always hit a cord with me for various reasons. Mostly around my youth and sitting around the fire coon hunting or making untaxed libations with my dad, uncles and cousins. I was young but just the stories, laughter and lessons taught stay with me. The picture of Mr. Sutton is a tribute to him, my dad and uncles as they were all cut from the same cloth. I miss sitting around and listening to their banter and stories. They are all gone now as is the culture and lifestyle they lived.

Be Safe,

CH_V

ā€œBig Oneā€ was my nickname in high school, even though Iā€™m 5ā€™9ā€ and a buck 75.....10 for Chipper Jones my idol and the number I wore in baseball. Avatar is picture of me and a 4+ LB smallie I caught on the fly a couple weeks ago, because Iā€™m an American and love to catch big damn fish. Particularly on a fly rod. Carry on.

I chose Carl Pickens because heā€™s one of my favorite Vols and he was the ā€œDude with the ā€˜tudeā€.
I started using the name on firerandysanders.com where you could really speak your mind in full color.
I chose my avatar after Freak deleted my first choice, which was Booger from Revenge of The Nerds. It was deleted because his tshirt said ā€œgive me he** ā€˜till Iā€™m deadā€.... my avatar is a picture of Dolemite with a 15 jersey and a power T horribly photoshopped on him. The blackboard beside him has everything needed for a road trip to Knoxville.

I don't have the imagination some of you guys have. I just used my initials and year model of my first Harley.

Horatio Oleander Galbraith

AVI is the Rakkasan Torri

VN Store

Back