Forum Name and Avatar

GameTime

What the is meaning behind your Forum name? Also, why did you choose the picture you use as your Avatar?

The name GameTime is an synonym for ready to roll, or play......I do like to participate.

The Dude, my Avatar, is just so cool and easy going......

GameTime does abide....
the-big-lebowski-the-dude-couch-900x474.jpg

Live in KY, but, make NO mistake about it, I am ALL VOL!
The number 98 probably isn't what most think, which would be the obvious, it is actually in honor of John Henderson.
Avatar is just a random pic from my day at Kentucky Speedway at the Mario Andretti Racing Experience.

Saxophone player (gigging days are over) with a name with "feather" in it. Photo is of the actor who played the guy who married & killed Dorothy Stratton in "Star 80". It reminded me of UT basketballer Skyler McBee. :cool:I also have a 'stache.

Attachments

• star 80 stache.png
    star 80 stache.png
    376.6 KB · Views: 0
In Atlanta in 2009 I was approached by a former NBA player who's daughter wanted to play for our org. She was already playing for another org, and the team I had had been together for weeks. While standing with one of my assistants, I told the NBA player "I don't take jumpers...if she wants to play for me next year I would be happy to have her."
The assistant (a little later) looked at me and smiled and said, "Coach Jumper"
The name was born
It later came to evolve into my method of teaching my players jump-shooting
I developed a method I called "Chirp" shooting and once mastered the girls could get their shot off, from dribble pickup or pass reception to release in under a second with good control.

The name has stuck with me for the last 18 years in coaching

The avatar represents old smokey (notice the eyes)
smokey vfL.jpg

The Custom title: "That stare" is in reference to Pat Summitt

Last edited:
My name is a tribute to John Ward. Listening to John call Vols games on the radio, while being outside on a fall afternoon growing up in Hendersonville, were some of my best memories of growing up.

My avatar is a tribute to my favorite teams, with Tennessee (large Power T logo) being my all-time favorite and the Royals and Chiefs being my favorite professional teams after living here in KC for 16 years now.

My name is a tribute to John Ward. Listening to John call Vols games on the radio, while being outside on a fall afternoon growing up in Hendersonville, were some of my best memories of growing up.

My avatar is a tribute to my favorite teams, with Tennessee (large Power T logo) being my all-time favorite and the Royals and Chiefs being my favorite professional teams after living here in KC for 16 years now.
nice

My name is VolBricks. I joined this forum at the start of bUTch's coaching run and hoped his "Brick by Brick" would be the ticket (man was I wrong).
Edit: I have considered changing my avatar name but you have to remember the good and the bad.

The picture is from the men's restroom in the Amsterdam airport. I think it is self explanatory if you look close at the picture.

I live in West TN therefore my screen name. I've been a Vols Fan since the late 60s while I was in HS. No other college team for me to be loyal to. I Live & Die w/the TN Vols. GBO !!!
Avatar picture is that of a young unknown actor Clint Eastwood playing the TV role of Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide" from 1959-1965. That's a screen shot of an early promotional picture for the TV show..

Last edited:
My avatar is pretty self-explanatory. Just a great view of the best marching band on the planet in one of the most iconic formations in all of college football. My nickname is Vol and my initials. I've used it since college.

I live in West TN therefore my screen name. I've been a Vols Fan since the late 60s while I was in HS. No other college team for me to be loyal to. I Live & Die w/the TN Vols. GBO !!!
Avatar picture is that of a young unknown actor Clint Eastwood playing the TV role of Rowdy Yates in "Rawhide" from 1959-1965.

I used to ride a broom horse and "pop a cap" (gun) pretending I was Rowdy.
My first memory of a tv series (I was 5 in 65)

UTwick=class of ‘77 grad + Wick is nickname my grandkids call me.
Avatar is of limited edition hat created and previously sold by MS McClellan and Co in Knoxville where my brother has worked forever. Christmas gift from several years ago. UT put a halt to production since it involved trademarks, etc.
Go Vols

Big Orange - Self explanatory

Mojo - Tribute to wife who was sick when I set up account. Mojo is her nickname.

Avi - Self explanatory and IMO, one of the better ones on VN.Helps everyone learn where Bama fans come from.

Tagline - Wife born in December and the rest is my immaturity

VN Store

Back