Forum Name and Avatar

gule

"gule" is a name a former work mate gave me back in 1984. It stayed with me till I left the company in 1997. Good times! We had a crew of about 20 guys working out of Knoxville going all over the country doing environmental cleanups(Superfund). Made a small fortune at it... :) I'd love to do it all over again. Hard work but honest work.

Sackett

A man needs enemies to keep him wary and strong.
I am a huge Louis L'amour fan. He is famous for many of his novels (movies based on his novels) but especially for western/frontier novels. Of those, he is most famous of the series about the "Sackett family". A family that was among the early settlers in the mountains of East TN. My heritage is very much like the fictional Sackett family. Many of my friends call me Sackett.
My profile pic is from the movie 'The Sacketts' starring Sam Elliott as Tell Sackett, Tom Selleck as Orrin Sackett, Jeff Osterhage as Tyrel Sackett.

OffTackleVol

gfan = I'm a fan of the game. :D
My high school head football coach was the same guy that was Coach Fulmer's head coach (Walter Bouldin, aka "Moose" at Franklin County). He was known as a "3 yards and cloud of dust" type of offensive coach. "Hey diddle, diddle...run it up the middle." Coach Fulmer had a lot of success as an OC by establishing the run along with play-action. So, OffTackleVol is my take.

In Atlanta in 2009 I was approached by a former NBA player who's daughter wanted to play for our org. She was already playing for another org, and the team I had had been together for weeks. While standing with one of my assistants, I told the NBA player "I don't take jumpers...if she wants to play for me next year I would be happy to have her."
The assistant (a little later) looked at me and smiled and said, "Coach Jumper"
The name was born

The avatar represents old smokey (notice the eyes)
View attachment 268494

The Custom title: "That stare" is in reference to Pat Summitt

VN Store