Former Vols in AAF

The new semi-pro football league is looking interesting with some decent former Vols on the roster. The setup for the teams is that each team is assigned certain schools to recruit from and NFL teams and one CFL team. Memphis Express of course gets the Tennessee guys. Will you watch? What do you think about it?

Memphis Express Team Page | AAF.com - Roster
At least half the Vols on the roster, D4H has at some point projected to be a first ballot NFL HOFer.

Yeah I wonder if we can get a league in Chattanooga or Knoxville. If the train from Atlanta to Chatt goes through it will be growing quickly. I grew up near Memphis and respect Memphis but it’s kind of a dying city. Makes more since for Knoxville or Chatt to get one or even Nashville/Murfreesboro. They have some pretty big names on the other rosters too and I think it has great potential.

They have a very strange kickoff rule though. So if a team wants to have and opportunity to get the ball back, they don’t kick an onside kick, but they get a long single down attempt to get a first down. If they get it they get the ball back. If you don’t get it, the other team gets favorable field position.

I've been saying for years that if they had a semi-pro football team in Chattanooga, I would go to the games frequently.

Shaq Wiggins is on the Atlanta team. Didn't he finish up as a transfer at UT? Says his college is Louisville.

I read somewhere that it is in the rules to stand for the anthem..not sure of the punishment but I believe it was pretty severe..
The problem is whatever the punishment is, it's not enough to keep some from doing it. Hell we even have NFL cheerleaders taking a knee, 'eff em!! Hope the NFL goes into the dustbin of history for all I care.

Just bumping this thread. First game is tomorrow at 8:30 on CBS. Atlanta Legends vs Orlando Apollos.

Reactions: peaygolf
that would be incorrect...the NFL is still making money...most stadiums are 90+% full....again, no one cares. Nascar viewership is down more than the NFL. 17% to 5%...so I stand by my statement. Get back in your bubble if you don't like it.

Doesn’t mean that some people don’t care - You can say most don’t care but you are wrong to say no one cares.

If they protest during the anthem, I'm out. Since the NFL does I'm on year 3 of their being dead to me. I'd love to support US professional football again and I like the regional player pools.
Still makes me chuckle

VN Store

Back