Former Vols in AAF

SmokeyDaBear

3rd Down For What
The new semi-pro football league is looking interesting with some decent former Vols on the roster. The setup for the teams is that each team is assigned certain schools to recruit from and NFL teams and one CFL team. Memphis Express of course gets the Tennessee guys. Will you watch? What do you think about it?

Memphis Express Team Page | AAF.com - Roster

I'm interested in this Spring football league. Memphis has a lot of Vols and Mocs on the roster. Pig Howard! Raijon Neal! I won't spoil any more. Go to the link and check out these guys.

I'm not sure how they pulled this off, but all the teams have a real regional flavor to their rosters. Spurrier coaching in Orlando and Rick Nuhiesal(sp?) out in Arizona iirc. I would love to see this be successful.

I like the idea, especially the regional flavor attached to each team. However I wonder how years away from work outs and playing have affected the players football ability. But it truly sounds intertwining, I would buy tickets.

I like the idea, especially the regional flavor attached to each team. However I wonder how years away from work outs and playing have affected the players football ability. But it truly sounds intertwining, I would buy tickets.
Interesting not intertwining lol

Memphis should have hired Hal Mumme as HC!
That would have been fun!

If they protest during the anthem, I'm out. Since the NFL does I'm on year 3 of their being dead to me. I'd love to support US professional football again and I like the regional player pools.

I read somewhere that it is in the rules to stand for the anthem..not sure of the punishment but I believe it was pretty severe..

I'm gonna go through an adjustment period with this new league.

Every time I see its initials, I think Army Air Force. Which is what our USAF was called during most of World War II when it was still part of the Army (it got split off as its own service a couple of years after the war ended, in 1947).

I'll get there, eventually. Unless the new league folds up too soon. Heh.

Go Former Vols!

Actually some people do care....
that would be incorrect...the NFL is still making money...most stadiums are 90+% full....again, no one cares. Nascar viewership is down more than the NFL. 17% to 5%...so I stand by my statement. Get back in your bubble if you don't like it.

Reactions: MiramarVol
that would be incorrect...the NFL is still making money...most stadiums are 90+% full....again, no one cares. Nascar viewership is down more than the NFL. 17% to 5%...so I stand by my statement. Get back in your bubble if you don't like it.

All I said was some people do care, and they do. I didn't say anything about stadiums not being filled, TV viewership, etc.. Also, I give about as much of a sh!t about NASCAR as I do about the NFL.. There are several reasons I don't watch the NFL and jackazzes not kneeling for the anthem is NOT the first of those.. I'm glad you "stand by your statement". I never insinuated anything different or claimed you were wrong. I can't help you didn't like my comment and refuse to admit there are some who do care about that issue.. To say that no one cares is simply not true.

Exactly who lives in a bubble again?

Yeah I wonder if we can get a league in Chattanooga or Knoxville. If the train from Atlanta to Chatt goes through it will be growing quickly. I grew up near Memphis and respect Memphis but it’s kind of a dying city. Makes more since for Knoxville or Chatt to get one or even Nashville/Murfreesboro. They have some pretty big names on the other rosters too and I think it has great potential.

They have a very strange kickoff rule though. So if a team wants to have and opportunity to get the ball back, they don’t kick an onside kick, but they get a long single down attempt to get a first down. If they get it they get the ball back. If you don’t get it, the other team gets favorable field position.

VN Store

Back