Former Vol Parys Haralson has passed away (9/13/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognize the name. He didn't play that long ago, did he?

RIP
5th round pick by 49ers and also played for Saints.. no cause of death known and he was living in San Jose area according one article I read..
RIP

Reactions: Alto1
I recognize the name. He didn't play that long ago, did he?

RIP
From wiki
At University of Tennessee in 2002, he played in thirteen games as a reserve defensive end. He came up with 25 tackles (14 solos), a 15-yard sack and two stops for losses of 20 yards. He also had a quarterback pressure. He was a Freshman All-SEC pick by the Knoxville News Sentinel. He earned SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll recognition.
In 2003, he moved into the starting lineup at left defensive end during the season’s fourth game against South Carolina. He finished with 44 tackles (30 solos). He tied for the team lead with 4.5 sacks and had 14.5 stops for losses of 62 yards. He recovered a fumble and made ten quarterback pressures. He also deflected a pass.
In 2004, he started twelve games at left defensive end, coming off the bench against Georgia. He was an All-Southeastern Conference second-team choice. He was the team captain. He recorded 43 tackles (34 solos) and ranked second in the conference with seven sacks and 13.5 stops for losses of 53 yards. He tied the school season-record with 21 quarterback pressures. He caused and recovered two fumbles, returning one 18 yards for a touchdown.
In 2005, Haralson started all year at left defensive end. He was an All-Southeastern Conference second-team selection by the Associated Press. He recorded 45 tackles (33 solos). He led the team and ranked fourth in the conference with 8.5 sacks. He finished third in the Southeastern Conference with 16.5 stops for losses of 78 yards, the eighth-best season total in school history. He was credited with twelve quarterback pressures. He recovered two fumbles, returning one 17 yards. He had three forced fumbles and deflected a pass.
Haralson majored in sociology at Tennessee.

Damnit I remember him. Sorry for him and his family. Was a very good player. Could use someone like him today. Sad day. God help us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back