Former Vol Parys Haralson has passed away

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
Prayers to his family for comfort in this hour.

He was one of the guys on the roster when my wife was just getting into football and becoming a Vol fan... definitely one of her favorites.

Side note, looking back on those rosters, how did those 2002 thru 2007 teams not do more. They were loaded with talent for the most part.

Majors

One of the good ones to play at Tennessee. I got to know Parys a little after I graduated through a mutual friend who was in the same major. He took his academics seriously and was always nice to talk with. You knew even if football didn't work out after he graduated, he was going to be just fine. Really unfortunate news.

BreatheUT

The Road Less Traveled
Reports say he passed in his sleep and the cause of his death is unknown.
It could've been natural causes but it immediately turns my attention to the silent killer.

I feel for everyone impacted by this loss. I remember he was aggressive on the field and sometimes too aggressive. Had an even better NFL career.

Last edited:

JuicyBrucey

Side note, looking back on those rosters, how did those 2002 thru 2007 teams not do more. They were loaded with talent for the most part.
2002-2005 Randy Sanders. The '05 defense was so underrated and Haralson was a big part of that, but their effort was wasted and overlooked because the offense was so pathetically inept because of Sanders. Cutcliffe did a damn good job of making the offense functional again and the '06 team was so much fun to watch. The Florida, LSU, and Penn State games were games where we were just one play away from winning but the lucky breaks we got in '98 got balanced out in '06.

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
2002-2005 Randy Sanders. The '05 defense was so underrated and Haralson was a big part of that, but their effort was wasted and overlooked because the offense was so pathetically inept because of Sanders. Cutcliffe did a damn good job of making the offense functional again and the '06 team was so much fun to watch. The Florida, LSU, and Penn State games were games where we were just one play away from winning but the lucky breaks we got in '98 got balanced out in '06.
Oh yeah...that guy. Forgot he was so inept that he quit midway through the 2005 season.
Bet Fulmer wishes he could have a mulligan on that promotion.

VN Store

Sponsors