Former Vol Parys Haralson has passed away (9/13/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers to his family for comfort in this hour.

He was one of the guys on the roster when my wife was just getting into football and becoming a Vol fan... definitely one of her favorites.

Side note, looking back on those rosters, how did those 2002 thru 2007 teams not do more. They were loaded with talent for the most part.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
One of the good ones to play at Tennessee. I got to know Parys a little after I graduated through a mutual friend who was in the same major. He took his academics seriously and was always nice to talk with. You knew even if football didn't work out after he graduated, he was going to be just fine. Really unfortunate news.

Reports say he passed in his sleep and the cause of his death is unknown.

It could've been natural causes but it immediately turns my attention to the silent killer.

I feel for everyone impacted by this loss. I remember he was aggressive on the field and sometimes too aggressive. Had an even better NFL career.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sara Clark
Just wanted to say RIP. One of the more underrated Vols to have ever played honestly

Side note, looking back on those rosters, how did those 2002 thru 2007 teams not do more. They were loaded with talent for the most part.

2002-2005 Randy Sanders. The '05 defense was so underrated and Haralson was a big part of that, but their effort was wasted and overlooked because the offense was so pathetically inept because of Sanders. Cutcliffe did a damn good job of making the offense functional again and the '06 team was so much fun to watch. The Florida, LSU, and Penn State games were games where we were just one play away from winning but the lucky breaks we got in '98 got balanced out in '06.

2002-2005 Randy Sanders. The '05 defense was so underrated and Haralson was a big part of that, but their effort was wasted and overlooked because the offense was so pathetically inept because of Sanders. Cutcliffe did a damn good job of making the offense functional again and the '06 team was so much fun to watch. The Florida, LSU, and Penn State games were games where we were just one play away from winning but the lucky breaks we got in '98 got balanced out in '06.
Oh yeah...that guy. Forgot he was so inept that he quit midway through the 2005 season.
Bet Fulmer wishes he could have a mulligan on that promotion.

I realize he died a while ago, this just shows the reasoning and the autopsy results. Feel free to merge.

No offense to anyone, but I wonder if he was vaccinated? Some of the unintended consequences from vaccinations are stroke. I realize that stoke happens for other reasons (high blood pressure), but this is becoming a trend if you know where to look for unbiased information or "news". Sorry for him and his family.
So sad. Seemed to be a great person. According to the coroner his stroke was from a cerebrovascular malformation which typically is something genetic that over a period of years to decades can lead to a hemorrhagic stroke.
https://news.google.com/articles/CA...jsP7CjCSpPQCMKmw0wU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
Prayers to his family. If this is genetic maybe his family members can get screened to see if they have something similar and if so get it treated before it develops into a stroke.

Thanks, thats the funniest thing I've read in months![/
Thanks, thats the funniest thing I've read in months!

Facts are funny? I don’t get it. Do you have any evidence that risk of stroke is higher in folks that get the vaccine compared to those that get covid infection? I bet you don’t. I DO have a large study (linked below: published in a peer reviewed medical journal) that looks at that very question.

Cerebral venous thrombosis and portal vein thrombosis: A retrospective cohort study of 537,913 COVID-19 cases - ScienceDirect

Clots in the brain was over 6 times more likely in patients with covid compared to patients without covid receiving the vaccine.

Haha…?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back