Former Hawaii QB Colt Brennan passes away at 37

So sad. Way to many of my friends have ended up the same way.......

Whether he really wanted help or not, someone should have found him a detox center instead of being turned away.....if that’s accurate

So sad. Way to many of my friends have ended up the same way.......

Whether he really wanted help or not, someone should have found him a detox center instead of being turned away.....if that’s accurate
The article said he left a treatment center but I didn’t see where it said he was turned away. Maybe I accidentally skipped a section?

The article said he left a treatment center but I didn’t see where it said he was turned away. Maybe I accidentally skipped a section?
I saw that in another article........ I’ll see if I can find that. Maybe I read it wrong?
Either way. Sad.

I saw that in another article........ I’ll see if I can find that. Maybe I read it wrong?
Either way. Sad.

From USA Today:
“Hours before he was found, Colt Brennan had tried to enter a detox program at a hospital but was turned away because there were no beds available, his father said. “

Either way. Sad.
Well it certainly isn’t uncommon, I just didn’t know where you saw it in this article. It certainly is sad. I don’t wish addiction on any person or any family.

From USA Today:
“Hours before he was found, Colt Brennan had tried to enter a detox program at a hospital but was turned away because there were no beds available, his father said. “

@hUTch2002

Reactions: hUTch2002
From USA Today:

@hUTch2002
At least that was due to being at capacity. I’ve seen people turned away because they weren’t the right kind of addict. Apparently pills weren’t bad enough, never mind that they eventually led to heroin, and that only leads to one of two places, jail or death.

Reactions: peaygolf
Shame that he went looking for help and was turned away. RIP man. Brennan was one of my favorites QBs. Hawaii was a fun team to watch back then.

I remember that 2007 Hawaii team was undefeated and he was setting all kinds of records in the regular season. Then they got obliterated by UGA in the Sugar Bowl 41-10.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Well it certainly isn’t uncommon, I just didn’t know where you saw it in this article. It certainly is sad. I don’t wish addiction on any person or any family.
The walk his parents have ahead is so damned hard. Wish I had words of encouragement, but they'll never be the same. They'll exist but not live anymore. So tragic on so many levels. The worst will be the coulda, woulda, shoulda that will haunt them. Sad...very sad.

VN Store

Back