Former 5-star WR and USC transfer heading to Tennessee.

I know Coach Heupel wants elite offensive playmakers to put his schemes into overdrive, but he has also spoken frequently about the character of his players and the importance of building the program with quality kids. McCoy don't sound like that - red flags all over the place. He transfers back and forth , what, three times now ? He was arrested on serious domestic charges for allegedly beating up his girlfriend. Is he going to walk into the Anderson Training Building the first day acting like he is doing us a huge favor for being here or will he come in humble with an attitude of working his way into the team ?

BTW, Bru may not be joining the Vols because ETSU may offer him mo money. For that matter, ANY college team, right??

And NEWS FLASH, there is no more allegiance to a college - just the buck.

Seems easy enough to do. Kenny Pickett fakes a slide and within 24 hrs we have a rule prohibiting it. Just make the ? injured player sit out the remainder of the series ( or at least a series of downs), and the team going to the sideline ( in effect a free timeout). Simple fix which protects the ? injured player from returning too quickly.
I think this is a good start. Don’t know why they will not give this a try. It is like anybody in charge of anything these days can’t make a decision or they are an idiot.

I know Coach Heupel wants elite offensive playmakers to put his schemes into overdrive, but he has also spoken frequently about the character of his players and the importance of building the program with quality kids. McCoy don't sound like that - red flags all over the place. He transfers back and forth , what, three times now ? He was arrested on serious domestic charges for allegedly beating up his girlfriend. Is he going to walk into the Anderson Training Building the first day acting like he is doing us a huge favor for being here or will he come in humble with an attitude of working his way into the team ?

And he'll promptly be out of another opportunity if so.

Those charges were dropped. So as far as we or anyone else knows, he didn't do anything.
That should be good enough for us. Kid had a bighead and has been humbled by life. Try to enjoy that we just got an NFL caliber playmaker..

He was arrested... and charges dropped for lack of evidence. I'm sure staff made inquiries regarding his character. We've been recruiting him for months.

The actual timeline and details of his college career are out there. A simple web search will give you the information you lack. You should have started there rather than raising these questions here.

AJ Johnson "allegedly" teamed up with another player to rape a female student. That was the allegation that ended his college career and destroyed his public image. Nothing else mattered but that accusation. The problem is... it was untrue. It appears that the girl was up for the "action" and was a more than willing participant... until she regretted it after the fact.

McCoy's case didn't even make it that far and that's a good thing. Too many times an accusation by a mad or jealous girlfriend has been as good as a conviction... no actual proof needed. He got off because there was insufficient proof which is likely a polite way of saying she made it up to hurt him.

Transfers were puzzling. The domestic charges were a nonissue. There was too little evidence to warrant prosecution.

My apologies for the sharp tone I didn’t mean to sound like a donkey. I do sincerely hope he lives up to the hype.
No problem. It’s a lot different in Cali, if no charges were pressed there wasn’t proof of anything. A little different environment there versus here, if the DA had anything at all they would’ve went after him.

A few scouts have said he’s the best player they’ve seen come out of the state in high school.
Which to even entertain that is wild!

California is one of the big 3 (Texas, Florida, California) of Football talent.
Honestly Georgia is right there too.

But there's some great players come out of California.
Reggie Bush
DeAnthony Thomas
DeSean Jackson
On and on and on.

VN Store

Back