Forbes The Most Valuable College Basketball Teams

Kind of shocking how much more Louisville and Kentucky are making than everybody else. Kentucky I can somewhat understand because of 21k avg attendance vs our 16k, but Louisville averages only 17k attendance, not much more than us. Wish Forbes spelled out the details of all the comparative revenue sources.

Kind of shocking how much more Louisville and Kentucky are making than everybody else. Kentucky I can somewhat understand because of 21k avg attendance vs our 16k, but Louisville averages only 17k attendance, not much more than us. Wish Forbes spelled out the details of all the comparative revenue sources.

They didn't link their source material - however, they did highlight that Louisville's $11M in Adidas sponsorship and $30M in booster contributions. I assume all the top programs are the same.

Conference Breakdown of Top 20:
1. Big 10 7 teams (all in top 13)
2. ACC 5 teams
3. SEC 4 teams (Only 1 in top 13) (Where's Florida?)
4. Big 12 2 teams
5. Pac 12 1 team
6. Big East 1 team

Yum Center is in middle of downtown ‘ville and sells booze and beer! Knoxville was too stupid and politicized to build the original plans for the TB arena on the Worlds Fair site.....think how different EVERYTHING would be if the arena was built where it should be! And by they way, the city should’t Replace the Coliseum on its site either- put it on Worlds Fair Park- much closer to hotels and restaurants.

Reactions: Catbone
If you knew some of the reasons TBA was built where it was built, you would have a better understanding of why it was built on campus. It was actually built where it should have been.

A lot of these rankings are "funny math" based on how the school apportions overall athletic department contributions to each sport. Various schools (in an attempt to manipulate the accounting to achieve a specific goal) apportion these revenues in different ways (many try to make football profit as small as possible). Some schools may require premier season ticket holders for one sport to contribute to another sport to keep status...

Reactions: VolnJC
Most of Louisville’s money has been in a slush fund for recruits........ they will be much lower next year.

Reactions: volfaninky
If you knew some of the reasons TBA was built where it was built, you would have a better understanding of why it was built on campus. It was actually built where it should have been.

I agree. TBA downtown at the Worlds Fair Site would be a traffic/parking nightmare, IMO. I think it's great where it is now, with relatively easy access.

The players salaries are included in the totals. UK and UL will always be at or near the top.

I agree. TBA downtown at the Worlds Fair Site would be a traffic/parking nightmare, IMO. I think it's great where it is now, with relatively easy access.
I just can't think of a place at WFP to have it. I wouldn't trade having it there if it meant losing the largest greenspace in downtown Knoxville. I guess it could have gone where the current convention center is, but again, parking would be a nightmare without a 10-story parking garage. Underground parking maybe?

There was a parking garage where the convention center was built. Also, the US Pavilion was not supposed to be torn down, but they couldn't figure out how to use it. So when the TBA was planned in 1980/81/82ish there wasn't much space available at the World's Fair Site.

VN Store

Back