For those who never saw Greg Amsler play...enjoy!

My fondest memory was Amsler catching ball after ball out of the backfield in the 2nd half 1991 Sugar Bowl comeback win against Virginia

Reactions: Evergrenevol
One of Bryson's break away long TD runs up the gut was against Bama I think.

There were more successful screen plays in any 15 second segment of that film than what I have seen made by the VOLS in the last 6 years.

One of my all time favorites. He and Roland Poles were the complete package at fullback. Not only would both beat the hell out of you during the game, but they could also carry the mail and catch out of the backfield extremely well.

Indeed, Roland Poles was quite the FB and blocking was a pride back then, not so much anymore:(

I would definitely add Curt Watson “The Crossville Comet” to the list. He accumulated nearly 2500 yards and 23 Touchdowns in his 3 year career. Scored the winning touchdown with broken ribs against Arkansas in Memphis. Was also a Blue Angel.

Absolutely, Curt Watson was a beast, I remember Watson, Dewey Warren, (friend) Bobby Scott and Chip Kell with many many fond memories.....the Pride of Tennessee!
Go Vols

Reactions: Remy
One of my first in an infinite list of all time favorite Vols . What I would give to once again know that if it’s 3 and goal @ the 3 that the Vols were going to just line up an drive the ball down the other teams throat and into the end zone!

Conversely Greg Amsler also taught me how to love a woman and how to scold a child.

Reactions: photovol
One of my first in an infinite list of all time favorite Vols . What I would give to once again know that if it’s 3 and goal @ the 3 that the Vols were going to just line up an drive the ball down the other teams throat and into the end zone!

Conversely Greg Amsler also taught me how to love a woman and how to scold a child.

Chip Kell taught me how to Arm Wrestle and become very good at it!

Reactions: Jravol78

VN Store

Back