For those who never saw Greg Amsler play...enjoy!

One of my all time favorites. He and Roland Poles were the complete package at fullback. Not only would both beat the hell out of you during the game, but they could also carry the mail and catch out of the backfield extremely well.
I can remember back a little further to big William Howard! We had some big athletic fullbacks back in the day!

I can remember back a little further to big William Howard! We had some big athletic fullbacks back in the day!
Oh absolutely! #35. He carried the ball 16 straight times against Ole Miss in 1986 to seal the win. Another great one, and I can't leave out Doug Furnas from 1981-1983. Strong as an ox!

I tend to think Mose Phillips was a transcendence back. Still large but not as large as so e of the previous fullbacks. Yet, he could still play fullback or I back.

Guys, we have been lucky to have some good ones back in the day!

I would take a Shawn Bryson type fullback and be very happy. Still smile watching him burn passed the entire Gator defense.

One of the things I noticed was our offensive guys back in the days of Amsler were giving more contact to him after a TD than our whole offensive unit gave an opponent all season in 2018.

VN Store

Back