For those interested—Polynesian Bowl on NFL Network tonight…

Talent is off the charts. Very mobile and has a great arm.He’ll get some PT next yea.
After seeing him play, I can understand why Saban wanted him. He looks like the qbs that bama usually trots out there every year. Nico has touch and a feel for the game. He did put a couple in harms way, but in an all star game, that's not unusual. He's already doing thing naturally that Milton struggles with. Might be more than just playing time this year. When the game slows down for him, the job likely will be his. Milton might ball out and be the star everyone hopes, but my money would be on Nico starting sooner rather than later.

The kid has some serious talent we’ve not seen in a while.

He looked really raw but he’s not played with this group other than some practice the last week or so.

Once in house and building some connections he will likely smooth out.

I’d like to see him add weight and I’m sure he will.

He will see playing time as a freshman and might stand a chance to take over. He needs to be ready to take over too since the door is wide open behind Joe.

The kid has some serious talent we’ve not seen in a while.

He looked really raw but he’s not played with this group other than some practice the last week or so.

Once in house and building some connections he will likely smooth out.

I’d like to see him add weight and I’m sure he will.

He will see playing time as a freshman and might stand a chance to take over. He needs to be ready to take over too since the door is wide open behind Joe.

That could be a little silver lining with Jackson headed off to IU. More early minutes when it counts after having more reps in both spring and fall practice to hone his skills to the NCAA level. His acceleration on his escapes from the pocket last night was really encouraging that he can avoid a lot of bad contact while in the learning curve. Going OOB, only taking light contact, or down on his own timeline can save a lot of wear and tear while he is taking advantage of the training table and weight room.

Reactions: brockytop
After seeing him play, I can understand why Saban wanted him. He looks like the qbs that bama usually trots out there every year. Nico has touch and a feel for the game. He did put a couple in harms way, but in an all star game, that's not unusual. He's already doing thing naturally that Milton struggles with. Might be more than just playing time this year. When the game slows down for him, the job likely will be his. Milton might ball out and be the star everyone hopes, but my money would be on Nico starting sooner rather than later.

One of the reasons Saban wanted him is he spent time at the same high school with the same hs coach who developed Bryce Young. Nico is everything Bryce was and maybe then some, time will tell.

One of the reasons Saban wanted him is he spent time at the same high school with the same hs coach who developed Bryce Young. Nico is everything Bryce was and maybe then some, time will tell.
Bryce pretty good bro

VN Store

Back