For insiders on the board, or someone who may know an insider.....

1) they won't test positive for at least 5 days likely, 2) afaik we have 5-day tests, so even when you do test after 5-7 days, you don't get those results till day 10 or 12.

We need rapid testing.

The county health department is getting them back to people in 36 hours.

Every SEC football program is dealing with contact tracing requirements and recommendations. The SEC and the NCAA both issued protocols that require contact tracing in accordance with state and local guidelines. Bama does it, Georgia does it, the Gators, Gamecocks, etc. I can't find a single team that isn't under the same or very similar contact tracing protocol.
Don’t eliminate this excuse for not winning sec games. Can’t be players or coaches. Hope we win em all.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Presymtomatic or asymptomatic spread is not the same thing as spread before the test can even detect the virus. I haven't seen anyone claim you can test negative for the virus and still spread it.

Tests have a high false positive rate for a variety of reasons. An obvious one is the difficulty of inserting a long q-tip into the back of someone’s nose and hoping to blindly hit the right spot. CDC guidelines for Covid state that due to high odds of false positive results a person that tests negative should assume they have it if they have come in contact with someone who has it and they are showing symptoms.

I know when I was that age I would have just caught it and got it over with as soon as I saw the data for people in my age/health group.

They won’t die from it short term but it may have long term affects. Some players have reported weight loss and loss of endurance and lung capacity due to Covid complications.

On Maslow’s Hierarchy winning football is not as much as a priority as health and safety. Hopefully, considerations are being made approximately.

On Gandalf's Hierarchy of Stupidity - Gov officials who prioritize politics over actual health and safety of 18-25 yo, who are statistically more likely to die with pneumonia or in a car accident driving to practice, rank high - and are clearly not thinking how much football impacts the lives of many of these kids, giving them an opportunity to better themselves and their families.

They won’t die from it short term but it may have long term affects. Some players have reported weight loss and loss of endurance and lung capacity due to Covid complications.
Some people? One or two is some people. What is the %.

On Gandalf's Hierarchy of Stupidity - Gov officials who prioritize politics over actual health and safety of 18-25 yo, who are statistically more likely to die with pneumonia or in a car accident driving to practice, rank high - and are clearly not thinking how much football impacts the lives of many of these kids, giving them an opportunity to better themselves and their families.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
GBO!!

Reactions: Gandalf
I never thought Id live to see Maslow referenced on Volnation. Now waiting for Carl Rogers reference. Maybe person centered coaching?😀
I’m waiting on someone to tell me who this Maslow guy is and if he has a commitable offer??🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Presymtomatic or asymptomatic spread is not the same thing as spread before the test can even detect the virus. I haven't seen anyone claim you can test negative for the virus and still spread it.
Very good point yes.

You won't spread it if you are negative. But their argument would be, even if you were negative 4 times during your contact tracing quarantine you could still suddenly be positive the moment after you have that fourth test.

Imagine if every wal mart had to do this...

Very good point yes.

You won't spread it if you are negative. But their argument would be, even if you were negative 4 times during your contact tracing quarantine you could still suddenly be positive the moment after you have that fourth test.

Imagine if every wal mart had to do this...

Walmart could never do this.
China won’t let them.................

Every SEC football program is dealing with contact tracing requirements and recommendations. The SEC and the NCAA both issued protocols that require contact tracing in accordance with state and local guidelines. Bama does it, Georgia does it, the Gators, Gamecocks, etc. I can't find a single team that isn't under the same or very similar contact tracing protocol.
Problem is you won't hear a peep from turd, UGA, or the gators about covid due to their crooked ways. Is what it is. Always has been.

Don’t eliminate this excuse for not winning sec games. Can’t be players or coaches. Hope we win em all.
Problem for Tennessee compared to the top four sec programs is we do not have as many talented players so it does affect our competitive approach. That is all pruitt is whining about and I understand where he is coming from.

On Maslow’s Hierarchy winning football is not as much as a priority as health and safety. Hopefully, considerations are being made approximately.

If health and safety were the only concern then no one would ever play football!

As my old high school coach would say regarding safety, football is not just a contact sport, it a high speed collision sport that's hazardous to your health and its not for everyone.

Please wake me up the first time that the Wuhan Flu hospitalizes or kills someone under 24 that is completely healthy. These contact standards were written for people that are in nursing home with medical conditions not healthy college students.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back