For everyone saying Heupel should not have...

taken the foot off the gas, if Hooker would have thrown a pic, or fumbled on a sack, most if not all of the same people would have been complaining that he should have stuck to the run on the last drive.

We won...

Florida got nearly every possible break this game...

We have arguably the best overall coaching staff we've had in 15 years...

Let them grow and learn... good times are ahead!
I've said it many times. Heup could cure Cancer and some here would complain about unemployed Oncologists.

I thought Heupel got fairly aggressive on the 4th down short pass, but FL made a good defensive play.

Perhaps the only thing I would have changed is I would have had Hooker fake to Smalls and keep the ball on one of the runs. Florida was heavily keying in on Smalls as everyone new we were going to run the ball... Hooker could have gone for a good 10 - 20 yards!

Exactly, the Huepel offense is fueled by linebackers in the box. Thats exactly what they were doing the last series. I think you keep playing until you get at least 40 in the remaining games.

Reactions: Louisianavol78
They got away with it but UF had the ball and a score gives them the win on the road, can you imagine the depth of losing in that fashion? If you are going to play a prevent defense it needs to prevent something, scoring, passing, time off the clock, anything. That defensive plan did nothing. I think the coaches have no confidence in the players ability to rush or play man to man.

My defense was on the offensive play calling.

Whole thing could have been different had they gotten the kick with 2 minutes left in the game.

Last 5 to 7 minutes (except for the ending) sucked……but Tennessee still won, while having the lead for most of the game.

Huepel played the odds and the clock. Absolutely great time management and coaching.

Huepel needs to get an$100m/10 year deal NOW

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
I thought Heupel got fairly aggressive on the 4th down short pass, but FL made a good defensive play.

Perhaps the only thing I would have changed is I would have had Hooker fake to Smalls and keep the ball on one of the runs. Florida was heavily keying in on Smalls as everyone new we were going to run the ball... Hooker could have gone for a good 10 - 20 yards!

You’re killing me smalls

Reactions: Louisianavol78
To think 2 years ago we were dealing with the Jeremy Pruitt dumpster fire to this year beating Florida in a close one. I guess we should keep things in perspective . I thought just last weekend where Cleveland was ahead, all they had to do was sit on the ball and run out the clock and they wind up scoring and giving the Jets the opportunity to win the game which they did. But still, you can't give a talented qb like AR the ball with that much time left

And I forgot to include as a bullet...

I don't think I've ever seen more blatant holding by Florida, that wasn't called, on their last two drives. Maybe someone could find the play, but at one point one of their OL had our guy completed wrapped up from behind like he was giving him a big ole bear hug as he was trying to get to Richardson.

I saw that. I was looking for captain obvious but he never threw the flag. I remember the hands to the face that was called on us. In the replay it show the fla O lineman with his hand under the face mask of the Tenn player and we get the flag. Without friendly whistles a couple of those fla drives would have been over.

I don't think I've ever seen more blatant holding by Florida, that wasn't called, on their last two drives. Maybe someone could find the play, but at one point one of their OL had our guy completed wrapped up from behind like he was giving him a big ole bear hug as he was trying to get to Richardson.
Also, Danielson pointed out 2 FL horse collars on Hooker that werent called.

taken the foot off the gas, if Hooker would have thrown a pic, or fumbled on a sack, most if not all of the same people would have been complaining that he should have stuck to the run on the last drive.

We won...

Florida got nearly every possible break this game...

We have arguably the best overall coaching staff we've had in 15 years...

Let them grow and learn... good times are ahead!

Could have run the bootleg anytime for 10 and Game Over.

I saw that!!! I was about to throw my tv through the wall with that missed call.

Although end of game strategy was questionable, I think the turning point of the game was the 99 yard drive to take the lead before half. No doubt in my mind that with any of our previous coaches, we fail to make a first down, punt the ball, Fl scores a TD before half and we are down 11 at halftime questioning ourselves again. Great job by Heup and team on that drive.

VN Store

Back